Rebuild folded back seat

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robsweden

Reaction score
My Car
Mach 1 73 351c
Hi

Mach 1 73 with the folded seat option. I would like to make it permanent and remove the folded seat , instead hide some stereo speaker under it.

The thing is it only locks the on one side, so when driving it makes a clonk sound back and forth. Its very annoying.

Has anybody did something similar ?  Maybe a Wood frame to fix the seat and hide the speakers in.

Regards Rob

I have read your post twice and I believe some clarification is needed. I originally read that you wanted to make it a permanent seat. But upon reread I believe your intent is to remove the 'seat' part and use that room for other things, like a stereo amp. Basically turn your car into a 'two seater'.

No two seater.

Sorry if Im confusing. I want to fill out the space between the trapdoor and the back of the seat. Il take a Picture later today.

You can get rid of the clunking by adjusting the latch and the rubber "feet" on the seat. When I had a car with a fold down, I normally left it down. No one could fit back there anyway and under the seat was a handy place to hide things.

I was thinking something like this

Power amplifier etc could be hidden inside

Back