Whats this piece called? Electrical Tie down

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digithead

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang 351C-4V 4BBL 4 SPEED CONVERTIBLE White
Can anyone tell me what this is actually called? It bolts on to valve cover and the engine harness can attach to it.

I only had 1 before the engine rebuild job, I 'd like to get 2 more? Dont know what I am Googling for even. SOurce? Part NUmber?

Thanks all.

Retainer for engine wiring (I know, its not the precise name) but you might want to contact Don at Ohio Mustang Supply thru PM.

It appears to be some kind of a standoff bracket, almost like a bracket for a spark plug wire separator. Try searching for a wire loom standoff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could only find ONE on my motor !

Then found another and the clips for the wire!

If you get me you address QUICK I can mail to you!

mark

P.S.  Boss and 72 R Codes use three , with the LARGE clip at the back of the motor.

Cool! I believe my 1973's 351C 2V only has 1 and I always wondered what it was for. I know that on that side there is some wire lying on top of the intake which I never really liked.

Can anybody with an original and complete engine confirm howmany retainers there should be on a 351C 2V please? (possibly with a photo)

EDIT: correction; I have 4! Checked tonight. Now I need the clips...

Back