Body Stripe Installation

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul113

Reaction score
My Car
1968 Fastback
1871 Mach 1 M code 4 speed
Hope this helps anyone about to install stripes on their 71-73 Mach 1. I sure could have used this. Good luck.

Hope this helps anyone about to install stripes on their 71-73 Mach 1. I sure could have used this. Good luck.

Great job Paul :goodpost: 

Paint and pin striping are the only 2 things I wouldn't be game to have a crack at :D 

Shane

I felt the same way on my 68 restoration, but decided I would go for it on the 71, at times i thought i was mad, but in the end I am so glad I did.  :thankyouyellow:

I felt the same way on my 68 restoration, but decided I would go for it on the 71, at times i thought i was mad, but in the end I am so glad I did.  :thankyouyellow:

You do have a good understanding for sure. Some try to put them on and not use the soap and if it touches the body and crooked you will be buying another stripe kit. I hear some say to use a laser but that is not right for sure. The body would have to be setting perfect. The factory installs are very crooked and out of place and nobody worried about it. I am sure yours is much better. They had about 2 min. to install the stripes on the assembly line.

Cheers,

David

Back