Hello from Kentucky

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildbill

Reaction score
My Car
72 Convertable 351C 2V
So glad to find this site for 71 - 73 Mustangs. Have acquired a 72 convertible. It is a nice driving and riding car. It seems to be in mostly original condition according to the door sticker. It is a 351C/2V with FMX transmission. It had factory AC but the compressor locked up and was removed by PO. I do have the original compressor though. It has a few electrical issues that i am working on ironing out. I have pulled the instrument cluster to do some investigation. I replaced the old 194 bulds with LEDs because i was unable to see the gauges at night. Made a BIG difference. Also have replaced IVR with new solid state one. Currently do not have Alt or Brake idiot light or functioning fuel gauge. PO put on new gas tank and fuel sending unit. Not surs about sending unit, it only has one post, electrical connector has two contacts. Fuel gauge works with 6 volts across terminals so am guessing it is good. That is one of the reasons i joined, support and help and i love Mustangs. Hope to be able to get and give assistance on the site.

Thank you all for making a great website.

Nice looking car and welcome from Iowa. One of our members on here David did a write up not long ago about cleaning the white interior. Maybe try searching for it. is turned out looking fantastic.

Welcome from Oklahoma, good looking vert, and thank you for serving. Chuck

Nice looking car and welcome from Iowa. One of our members on here David did a write up not long ago about cleaning the white interior. Maybe try searching for it. is turned out looking fantastic.
Thank you for the welcome. I will be sure to look up about cleaning the white interior. Didn't  do to bad with upholstrh cleaner and some elbow grease. Tried to be careful so that i didn't mess anything up.

Hello from Mississippi. Great to have another Vert owner join our ranks. I see where you are in Kentucky. My Dad's side of the family is from Kentucky (mostly Lexington) and my Pewter Mach1 was also sold new at Paul Miller Ford in Lexington.

Pull up a chair and sit a spell, your gonna like it here!

Hello from Mississippi. Great to have another Vert owner join our ranks. I see where you are in Kentucky. My Dad's side of the family is from Kentucky (mostly Lexington) and my Pewter Mach1 was also sold new at Paul Miller Ford in Lexington.

Pull up a chair and sit a spell, your gonna like it here!
Thank you for the welcome. As a matter of fact, i live in Lexington. My family is from Paris, and Winchester. My son works at a business behind Paul Miller. Small world. The vert is so much fun to drive, get compliments and big smiles every time i take it out. Looking forward to getting everything back in order for a long cruise. :thankyouyellow:

Welcome Wildbill from Southwest Indiana. Glad to have you aboard.

1goldcjmach

Hello and Welcome from Michigan. Hope you get everything sorted out with the new vert. :)
Thank you. Just glad that i am able to drive it while i work on it.

Back