Windshield Wiper Mechanism

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible
It's been so long since I have taken parts out of my Convertible that I sometimes can't remember how it goes back LOL.  The time of re-assembly has come and I know the windshield mechanism can only go back in one way. The passenger side wiper faces the correct direction whereas the driver side is somewhat pointed upward! I'm aware the they both should face the same direction. Thanks!

It's been so long since I have taken parts out of my Convertible that I sometimes can't remember how it goes back LOL.  The time of re-assembly has come and I know the windshield mechanism can only go back in one way. The passenger side wiper faces the correct direction whereas the driver side is somewhat pointed upward! I'm aware the they both should face the same direction. Thanks!
Have you ever find the issue, im afraid i hit the same problem ?

Here is an earlier post that discusses some possible issues.

https://7173mustangs.com/forums/topic/21737-lazy-wiper-arm/?tab=comments#comment-223811

Wiper arms can be mounted in two positions?  One to conceal the arms under the trailing edge of the hood for Summer, and the other would leave the blade higher up the windshield, in the sun, for the Winter season. Possible driver's side of yours is mounted in the Winter/higher position?

Back