Leaking heater core

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
I have had to remove the two heater hoses from the firewall and join them together temporarily as the heater core is leaking. I need to remove the heater box (which will probably need replacing).

While i have access behind the dash i will remove the A/C box. Can anyone tell me if these boxes are available to buy new?

I have never removed a dash. Can someone give me a step by step in correct removal order what i need to take out and placement of screws/nuts/bolts

When the dash has been stripped down i intend painting all black parts and green parts so it will be a full strip out of the dash.

Steve,

I just shared some heater box info with another member. I do not have step by step but will see if I can scan the Ford manual. I believe the only thing you can do is find a good used one. Be careful with the drain hose that goes through the floor. When you get new heater core be sure to pressure check before install I have had two bad ones out of the box in the past. That kills your day to get back in and have to pull right back out. I have posted lots of pictures in the past of dash and heater air box work.

If you need specific let me know.

David

Steve,

I just shared some heater box info with another member. I do not have step by step but will see if I can scan the Ford manual. I believe the only thing you can do is find a good used one. Be careful with the drain hose that goes through the floor. When you get new heater core be sure to pressure check before install I have had two bad ones out of the box in the past. That kills your day to get back in and have to pull right back out. I have posted lots of pictures in the past of dash and heater air box work.

If you need specific let me know.

David
Thanks David. Just read your other post. Pictures are a great help too ::thumb::

Last edited by a moderator:
Back