Road course fun

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q code
2007 GT
1969 Cougar Eliminator B302
CSX 7000 Shelby Cobra FIA
2020 Edge ST
2002 F250 V10
My two sons and myself had a bunch of fun last Saturday at Hallett Motorsports Park. We did the high speed touring event (HPDE). My first time on a road course in 17 years, just like riding a bike. The new brakes wheels and tires worked great. Chuck

IMG_8812.JPG

IMG_8478.JPG

IMG_8274.JPG

It is fun for sure. You will have to come to the 55 anniversary celebration in Charlotte next year. They are having a track day and it runs the road coarse on the infield and onto the oval going into turn one, down the back stretch through 3 & 4 and back to the road coarse. They call it the Roval. You are limited on speed depending on what car you have and equipment.

It will be April 17 - 20 at the MOM, Mustang Owner's Museum about a mile from the track. This year track opened 7:00 am and went until 5:00 I think. Sent cars out in groups of like handling and power to make the flow better. Each group got several times on the track.

Google MOM and they have the info there. I have already booked my rooms for the event. In one week they had sold 43% of the rooms set aside so going to be a crowd for sure.

David

Very cool! Thanks for posting Chuck. You have a great family and your boys are super sharp young men. I always like to hear their stories about you and the cars you all continue to enjoy.

Ray

David,

The MOM event sounds very cool indeed but, NC is a bit of a pul from here. Chuck

Back