Air cleaner help

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
When i bought my car the air cleaner had bits missing where the two holes are.

I have replaced one part as the picture shows. Is there a hose fits on to this fitting and runs down to the emissions cannister?

Does the second hole have a 90 degree plastic elbow inserted? and a hose running down to the oil cap on the rocker cover?

Where can i buy the elbow that fits in to the hole

Last edited by a moderator:
The fitting is more like 45 degrees and it snaps onto the part you installed in the air cleaner

The foil / paper tube has a plastic fitting that has two tabs and twists into the empty hole

Steve EDIT - the 45 degree is on the rocker cover end

I have the fittings used off a parts car

For the foil / paper tube you buy the new one at auto parts store and then spray paint it flat black

The fitting is more like 45 degrees and it snaps onto the part you installed in the air cleaner

The foil / paper tube has a plastic fitting that has two tabs and twists into the empty hole
Don is the 45 degree elbow the same as the one that fits into the oil cap?

What is the plastic cap called that fits the other hole and whats the foil/paper tube called and where can i purchase all items i need?

The 45 degree is inserted into the passenger side breather hole/grommet and the 90 degree counterpart has a lip that clips on to the plastic air cleaner port. The charcoal canister tube has a straight tube with two tabs that is twisted and "hooks" into the air cleaner post.

302ci and 351C standard air cleaners had the breather port near the back of the air cleaner, while 351C ram air base had the port near the charcoal canister port and snorkel.

None of mine never had plastic sheeting for over the braces

Here is picture of an original 73.

David

That aint just original, That's OOOOOOOOORiginal!

Back