1973 Mach1 Marti Report

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredensborg

I like music, languages, weaponry, and freedom.
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
1980 Bronco
A couple modern Fords
I finally got around to getting a Marti report on my Mach1...anyone have any luck tracking down the early days of their cars?? I talked to the old owner, and he can’t remember who he bought the car from. I also called the DSO dealership listed on this Marti report, but they have changed ownership a couple times since the 70’s and didn’t have any info.

I finally got around to getting a Marti report on my Mach1...anyone have any luck tracking down the early days of their cars?? I talked to the old owner, and he can’t remember who he bought the car from. I also called the DSO dealership listed on this Marti report, but they have changed ownership a couple times since the 70’s and didn’t have any info.
It's impossible  to get any data from the DMV on ownership. Some titles have a number prefix that designates the number of owners. Most dealers have trashed any records from back then.

Did you check if Marti has a copy of your cars original invoice. previously referred to as the Lois Eminger invoice. There is usually additional info on it than you get on the marti report.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's impossible  to get any data from the DMV on ownership. Some titles have a number prefix that designates the number of owners. Most dealers have trashed any records from back then.

Did you check if Marti has a copy of your cars original invoice. previously referred to as the Lois Eminger invoice. There is usually additional info on it than you get on the marti report.
No, but I will have to look into that. Does it come with the Elite version of the report?

No, but I will have to look into that. Does it come with the Elite version of the report?
No. It is a separate item. http://www.martiauto.com/originalinvoices.cfm

Lois Eminger worked for Ford Motor Company. Being a car person herself, she wisely asked that she be able to keep batches of invoices that Ford was preparing to destroy. These invoices included some of the most popular cars of the 60s and 70s. Marti Auto Works has now purchased these invoices and is making them available to rightful owners of cars. View Sample

Original Ford Invoices

fordinvoicesm.jpg

Was easy to track mine down, lol. I ordered it and have original order, window stickers and the dealer invoice. It is a 73 Mach 1. I also purchased the 20th. Anniversary Mustang from the same dealership. A couple years after I bought the 84 I ask my salesman if I could get their dealer invoice. So we went upstairs to the attic and bankers boxes were everywhere. We found the dealer invoice for the 84 and I ask how far they went back. He said since the dealership opened and that was the year I ordered the Mach 1. So we went deep into the boxes and found the one with May 1973 one it and there was my Dealer invoice for my car and he gave it to me also. I am sure when that dealer changed hands couple years ago they tossed all the old ones.

Here are copies of my order form, window stickers, had two due to number of options, also the sales contract showing what I paid for it. My dealer invoice is not on this computer, it had the dealers cost for the options shown and sticker price shown. I think they made $200 for my car plus what ever incentives Ford paid.

Another note. In North Carolina if you bring a vehicle from another state and it is 35 years old or older they do a background check. I had bought a 73 convertible from California. When the DOT officer did the check from his lap top in his car he said the car was stolen once but recovered the next day. So there are some records out there for sure.

I went back looking at your marti and see the vinyl roof has been removed. I think they look great with it. Someone also added wheel lip moldings and rocker moldings look like could not get on Mach 1. Had lots of great options. I thought it was odd that he listed the NASA hood as an option when you got that with the Q code engine I believe. I do not think my window sticker even mentions it anywhere.

I do like the blue with white interior just hard to keep clean.

David

IMG_0001.pdf

IMG_0002.pdf

IMG_0003.pdf

Attachments

• IMG_0001.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0002.pdf
    805.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0003.pdf
    558.2 KB · Views: 14
I went back looking at your marti and see the vinyl roof has been removed. I think they look great with it. Someone also added wheel lip moldings and rocker moldings look like could not get on Mach 1. Had lots of great options. I thought it was odd that he listed the NASA hood as an option when you got that with the Q code engine I believe. I do not think my window sticker even mentions it anywhere.

David
Very nice car you have, I wish I was old enough to have purchased mine new! I did make some headway today actually, I spoke with the previous owner today and he recalls purchasing this car at a used car lot in the town I live in of all places! Small world, I called them today and the guy who currently owns the lot says he doesn't have any records from back then but he thinks he may be able to run a title check through his dealership...so I'll keep trying. As for my car, does the "White Levant Vinyl Roof" actually mean an exterior roof option?? I thought it meat the headliner, which is white?? Ive never seen a Mach 1 with a white roof?

David
Very nice car you have, I wish I was old enough to have purchased mine new! I did make some headway today actually, I spoke with the previous owner today and he recalls purchasing this car at a used car lot in the town I live in of all places! Small world, I called them today and the guy who currently owns the lot says he doesn't have any records from back then but he thinks he may be able to run a title check through his dealership...so I'll keep trying. As for my car, does the "White Levant Vinyl Roof" actually mean an exterior roof option?? I thought it meat the headliner, which is white?? Ive never seen a Mach 1 with a white roof?
I will not swear that is what it means but here is one. There were 8,050 made in 73 with vinyl roof. Only 150 in 71. I have seen some DSO special packages with full vinyl roof but was not a Ford option. Dealers within a DSO group would sometimes get together and come up with special packages like the California Specials, High Country Specials, Twister Specials and the one I saw was for in Texas the vinyl roof looked like leather. There were a bunch of Mustang DSO special packages over the years.

http://mustangattitude.com/mustang/1973/1973_00077_03.jpg[/img]

David
I will not swear that is what it means but here is one. There were 8,050 made in 73 with vinyl roof. Only 150 in 71. I have seen some DSO special packages with full vinyl roof but was not a Ford option. Dealers within a DSO group would sometimes get together and come up with special packages like the California Specials, High Country Specials, Twister Specials and the one I saw was for in Texas the vinyl roof looked like leather. There were a bunch of Mustang DSO special packages over the years.

Interesting, I actually do kinda like the look of that with that color blue...might look kinda funny on mine...

Interesting, I actually do kinda like the look of that with that color blue...might look kinda funny on mine...
There is actually an extra cross bow reinforcement in cars that came with vinyl roof to hold the studs for mounting the trim strip. Getting tough to find the trim pieces also.

Fredensborg, that's a nice Mach 1 with some desirable options. The levant  refers to the grain pattern on the vinyl roof material. A full vinyl roof was standard on the Grande and optional on the coupes. The 3/4 front vinyl roof was an option only on the Mach1 and sportsroof models for whopping  $52.35 1973 dollars!

The vinyl headliner was color matched to the interior trim code and the pattern was called "Tier".      :)

No. It is a separate item. http://www.martiauto.com/originalinvoices.cfm

Lois Eminger worked for Ford Motor Company. Being a car person herself, she wisely asked that she be able to keep batches of invoices that Ford was preparing to destroy. These invoices included some of the most popular cars of the 60s and 70s. Marti Auto Works has now purchased these invoices and is making them available to rightful owners of cars. View Sample

Original Ford Invoices

fordinvoicesm.jpg
Ordered this last night, I'll post it up when it arrives...

Finally got my original invoice today...4057.53$ is all it took to bring the old girl home back in 1973! ??

A lot of nice options. Have you found the buildsheet for your car?

Finally got my original invoice today...4057.53$ is all it took to bring the old girl home back in 1973! ??
A lot of nice options. Have you found the buildsheet for your car?
Nope, not yet. But as soon as I get my car back from the shop I’m going to look for it. Under the carpet behind the drivers seat is where it usually is right?

Yep there is that 3/4 vinyl roof. Now you will have to start your search for the trim. You can get the material to make one or order repo roof to install. That would get attention at shows for sure. Your car does have lots of great options.

On the build sheet. It or they can be about anywhere inside. I have seen cars that had three. When my 73 Mach 1 came down the line it had one taped to the radiator support right in the middle. There is still a fragment of tape there. I found one stuffed inside the seat riser on my 73 non factory color vert. My yellow 73 vert only had a tiny corner stuck to the floor board. PO had removed I guess. I have seen pictures of cars on the line with them taped to the rear quarter. There was probably several so you did not have to walk around the car to see what you needed to add. They just tossed one in most of the time. Can be stuffed in the seat cushion also.

I have never taken the interior out of my 73 mach 1 to look for it.

David

+1 on Davids post. On both my 73 dearborn build car, I found a build sheet under the carpet on the passenger side. I've of them found stiffed in the springs under the passenger seat and stuffed in the dash above the glove box.

Yep there is that 3/4 vinyl roof. Now you will have to start your search for the trim. You can get the material to make one or order repo roof to install. That would get attention at shows for sure. Your car does have lots of great options.

On the build sheet. 
I saw that 3/4 white roof right away...I’m still not sure how that would look on my car. I have seen Mach 1’s with black stripes and black hood with black 3/4 roof online, I just don’t know how’s the white would look on mine...maybe if I had argent hood/stripes? I’ll have to keep scouring the internet till I find a good example to look at.

Back