New Shoes for the Stallion

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Convertible
351C 4v
Finally got the new wheels and tires on my 73 vert. Had Cragars ordered last spring but they closed their custom shop shortly after and still haven't resumed. Finally gave up and went with AR and very happy with the high school hot rod look. I know it's not for everyone, but this is the muscle car image I was after. Still have to tinker with the front suspension and stance, but this is pretty close.
4786b587d0a09c9752727c4024222462.jpg
f7c5a926a87d70f04b4f0b186166ff92.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Whatever, Dude - that looks freaken SWEET in my book!  ::thumb::  ::thumb::  ::thumb::

Whatever, Dude - that looks freaken SWEET in my book!  ::thumb::  ::thumb::  ::thumb::
Thanks.  Thats high praise coming from you.
Not at all - that's a bad-ass car, Brutha!  I'd originally thought of going with Torque Thrust IIs on mine, but then everybody at a local car show had them.  Seeing this, I'm almost kicking myself for not going that direction.  She's-a Gorgeous!

Dammit - now I want a 'vert, too.  ::thumb::

I like the look. At one time I was going the Torque Thrust route, too. Glad I didn't and stuck with the steel wheels and dog dishes until I found something I really like. What are the wheel sizes and offsets, and tire sizes?

Thanks Don. The rears are 295/50's on 15x10 rims with -1/2" offset for 5" of backspace. I probably left 1/4" on the table as there is about 5/8" between the back of the tires and the rear anti-sway bar. Fronts are 235/60's on 15x8, with zero offset, so 4 1/2" backspace. The fronts are about 1/2" shorter than the backs.

Looks awesome!

Always liked their shape very much but dismissed them because I thought they were chromed like Cragars.

Until 10 mins ago. I just discovered these are available in polished aluminium and also affordable (a detail of importance when you import stuffs)

Having a set of Cragars (chromed) on the 71 that are now pitted, I was thinking of taking another classic set of Weld wheels in forged aluminium as on my 73. Because their finish demands only few moments of love (and Belgom) once in a while and they shine again like chrome.

I might change my plan now.

That looks incredible! Nice looking ‘stang.

Back