Don Stone Ford, Bloomington Illinois.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredensborg

I like music, languages, weaponry, and freedom.
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
1980 Bronco
A couple modern Fords
Don Stone Ford , 1508 Morrissey Dr. Bloomington Illinois....Anyone on the forum remember this place? It's transferred ownership a couple times since the 70's and is now called Sam Leman Ford...I'm tracking my cars history down and this is the dealership that sold it new, a Blue Glow 1973 Mach 1 Mustang with a 351 4v. I've tried googleing and the info is pretty sparse. Would be cool to see what the place looked like back then. Anyway, if anyone knows anything about it, please let me know.

You might check with the local news paper. If they have scanned images of the old papers you might look for news paper ads for the dealership in that era. Might have a picture of your car in the Sunday paper for sale, lol. I was looking through some old papers that my mom put up from the Kennedy assassination. Car ads are a hoot back then soooo cheap.

I googled        "Don Stone Ford" 1972     including quotes

(for the 73 model year ads).

I also just searched for "Don Stone Ford"    including quotes

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1344&bih=753&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=g-onW6LEDIy2sAW2vqbwCQ&q=%22Don+Stone+Ford+%22+1972&oq=%22Don+Stone+Ford+%22+1972&gs_l=img.3...243016.244953.0.245265.5.5.0.0.0.0.99.434.5.5.0....0...1c.1.64.img..0.0.0....0.-xvSlBlgr_w#spf=1529342842233

The local newspaper ad , The Pantagraph from Bloomington, Illinois April 23, 1972:

SORRY FOR BLURRY PICS!  Might be better if I signed up for a free trial account!

Don Stone Ford ad April 23 1972.jpg

Same paper but earlier ad from Sept 17, 1970:

Don Stone Ford ad Sept 17 1970.JPG

Place a watch on Ebay and Facebook Marketplace.

Place a watch on Ebay and Facebook Marketplace.
 I was unaware you could place a watch for items...how do I do this?
Go to Facebook,  to your Home webpage, then chose Marketplace link on left top of the screen.

see pic below to "follow".

facebook follow arrow.jpg

Ray

Sweet, a handy trick. Hopefully I’ll get some hits!
As for Ebay, when you search for something and results are displayed, there is an option to save the search and be notified when similar search results are available.

Ray

Thanks for the help guys, I’ve got searches saved on both sites. Maybe I’ll get lucky and someone will have on old pic or ad or something...hell I’d be happy with a keychain! I mostly just wanted to start a thread with this title in the hopes that someone in the interwebs may come across it and have some info for me.

Back