Replacing bolts, nuts and screws with AMK

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
I know AMK did not get it right on all their products. Having purchased and replaced most of the nuts, bolts and screws for the engine bay and chassis i find that not all items required come in their master kits. So i checked the website for individual kits and still could not find what i was looking for. So i am hoping that the items i require to complete the replacement process will be available. I am going to go through the engine bay soon to get a full inventory of whats required to finish the job off hoping the nuts, bolts and screws are used in differant places and are available.

From memory i know the fixings used to fix the light buckets in place are not available as a kit.

Steve... like this

q29xOoH6B1aX.JPG

http://www.ohiomustang.com/store/order_page.asp?itemid=1432

Last edited by a moderator:
HI

Did you get my package from USA yet for your rings? IF so post reply to that thread -so we know and can close. (you have a lot and I'm trying to watch your needs)

I found that you do need to buy "additional" AMK kits, not in WHITE BOXES. As well as some specialized bolts from other vendors IF you want it to have 95%. Some things we have to make, but recently have become avail (like the ram air tabs for the hose) !!

Personally I use AMK kits to confirm an unknown fastener then restore original bolts (cleaning/plating etc)

Mark

P.S. Just be glad 71's were built in ONE PLANT - went through this with my 69 SCJ and when different sides of the country sourced different bolt markings .........WELL lets just say I'm nuts !! (get it NUTS)

HI

Did you get my package from USA yet for your rings?   IF so post reply to that thread -so we know and can close.  (you have a lot and I'm trying to watch your needs)

I found that you do need to buy "additional"  AMK kits, not in WHITE BOXES.   As well as some specialized bolts from other vendors IF you want it to have 95%.     Some things we have to make, but recently have become avail (like the ram air tabs for the hose) !!

Personally I use AMK kits to confirm an unknown fastener then restore original bolts (cleaning/plating etc)

Mark

P.S.  Just be glad 71's were built in ONE PLANT - went through this with my 69 SCJ and when different sides of the country sourced different bolt markings .........WELL lets just say I'm nuts !!    (get it NUTS)
Package did not arrive yet. Customs is the big issue in the UK. Packages spend on avaerage 7-14 days waiting in customs to be cleared.

Any i cant replace will be replated. Its amazing just how many more parts are now available that were not available 2 years ago.

rofl  @ Nuts

Back