Instrument lense bezel removal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
Having removed the dashpad and black panel that goes over the instrument lense i am ready to take out the instrument lense bezel and give it a good clean with Arm & Hammer toothpaste. I can see some small bolts that will be easy to remove. I can also see some plastic clips that snap in. My concern is they will be like every other piece of plastic on the car and be very brittle. Are the plastic clips available to buy?

The polish for headlight lens works great on the instrument lens. Do not use a fast speed or you will melt the lens. You can do by hand also. Be careful cleaning the actual gauge faces. Regular window cleaner will take the ink off of the brake warning light, I know I did.

David
Arm & Hammer toothpaste works better especially when you working by hand. Great info on how sensitive the gauges are. Will use a damp cloth. My main concern is the lens as its so dirty i cant see the speedo on a bright sunny day.

Back