• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

A pair of rear seat belts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
I consider myself fortunate when i found a set of NOS front seat belts on Ebay.

I am now looking for the same for the rear.There has to be a set out there. My Grande interior is 4R green. I know its going to be a tough search which is why i am searching now in the hope i can aquire the belts in the next 2 years which is probably when i will need them

I used this company to redo my rear belts that did not retract or latch. The new belts look fantastic and they will even sew on the correct date code if you want and you don't have to have cores.Here the link.

http://www.pythonrestoration.com/Home_Page.html

John J
Looks a good way to go. Only problem is i dont have original PO cut them out for some strange reason. Maybe i can get a pair stateside and have them shipped to python

Steve here are some photos of the rear belts I sent them and what I got back. I am looking for the invoice to see what I paid them and will pm you when I find it. They will send you new seat belts with out cores according to there web site. The old ones are on top chrome was pitted and neither belt would retract or latch and one had been replaced by PO and it was a different type.The new one came back looking great and the date code that they sew on is cool. Their is an extra charge for the date code labels to be sew on.

John J

IMG_2536.JPG

IMG_2809.JPG

No the rear belts should match the fronts

I have some avacado belts if you need them

Steve ... I'm confused  I thought you had a 71?

Avocado was a 1973 ONLY interior color

The code for a 73 Grande with avocado interior would be FG

Steve ... I'm confused  I thought you had a 71?

Avocado was a 1973 ONLY interior color

The code for a 73 Grandé with avocado interior would be FG
Looks like i purchased the wrong ones!!!!!!

I just checked the date on the belts and they state 72

Back