White convertible top

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 red convertible 351 4 V
I have a white top on my 1973 and it getting scuff marks in a few areas. It there a way to prevent this? Or is this just wear and tear form putting it up and down. Also what the best cleaner to use on a white top.

Thanks

John J

I actually changed my 73 to a black top from white. PO sent  new white top in box but I used black instead. I have a 65 Mustang vert that has white top so I know the pain you have. I put that one in the barn years ago and have not started on it. I do have the removable hard top for it now in white.

My 73 sat in PO garage for 25 years and was a storage bin, lol. The white interior was nasty to say the least. I tried several upholstery cleaners including Blue Coral but nothing made it clean. I tried magic erasers also nothing. So I got out a can of lacquer thinner and it worked fantastic. I cleaned the comfort weave white seats, vinyl, door panels, dash pad, sun visors pretty much everything with lacquer thinner. That was two years ago and still looks great.

I would do a test spot where you cannot see to check for any issues before getting into it.

A question for you? What color is your well liner? I was wondering if the top color always matched the well color? With only white or black as optional top colors I was wondering.

David

My 73 sat in PO garage for 25 years and was a storage bin, lol. The white interior was nasty to say the least. I tried several upholstery cleaners including Blue Coral but nothing made it clean. I tried magic erasers also nothing. So I got out a can of lacquer thinner and it worked fantastic. I cleaned the comfort weave white seats, vinyl, door panels, dash pad, sun visors pretty much everything with lacquer thinner. That was two years ago and still looks great.

David

Any particular type of lacquer thinner? My white interior is kinda scummy and I would love it to look like yours...have any before pics?

Back