2018 MCA Mustang National Show 7/13-7/15

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mach_One

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
2018 MCA National Mustang Show at Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln, NE July 13-15.  Pinnacle is a new, very excellent facility located in the historic haymarket area of Lincoln Nebraska.  Anyone else going?  I've been excited about this show and I'll be there with bells on!  

I'd like to take my 'stang and show it, I'm still a relative newbie to car showing and stuff, so I'll stick to the smaller shows for now.

Where in Nebraska are you? I'm in Omaha, not sure if I could go Friday but probably Sat/Sun!
I'm going Saturday afternoon and looking forward to it.  I'm in McCool Junction, NE.

MC COOL eh? I have to google that! My schedule has changed a bit recently, I work Tue through Sat but might be able to take 7/14 off, I'll let you know tomorrow! I'd really love to go!

More Info:  The car show will be outside Pinnacle arena in the parking lots.  The judged classes are full, but show & shine entries can come at any time, just show up with your car.  $25.00 for show & shine.  There's no cost to go and look at the cars, just show up.  It's gonna be a hot & sweaty day, but I'll be there!!

Well, it was a HOT day out there, but worth it!  I got to see some very cool Mustangs!  The concourse trailers cars were very impressive.  There were tons of cars there, and some very rare ones.  I would have liked to see more 71-73's but there were some there.  There was a grabber blue '70 Boss 429 survivor / barn find there that was sold new in Nebraska and has spent its whole life in the state.  Original and unrestored, very impressive!

As far as our cars go, there were a pair of Boss 351's, and one 71 429 SCJ car.  Probably should have put my car in the show, might have done well just due to lack of competing cars.  Maybe next time!

You should have brought your car. Please do understand that MCA shows are judged on points and not by the number of attendees per class. If you are getting judged you will need to be classed first (concourse, unrestored, driver, modified, etc.....) You are then judged on the number of points you receive within the categories of that class. It can be a bit daunting at your first few shows, but each one provides more and more feedback to move up in your class if you want too. Johnnie Garner out of Rick Hill, NC is the head judge for 71-73. He and his wife Rachel are great folks and always willing to talk with people in the class on areas to improve or questions. I wanted to make that show this year as well, but life got in the way. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Back