• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1971-73 fold down seat

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stainless trim is very nice,no rust.300 plus shipping
Hi

Do you have the interior side panels for it?

Is this still available? And would I be getting everything to make it work in a factory solid rear seat? If not could we make it happen?

Sorry no,sold those.
If you need a complete set, let me know

as I have on in Ginger.
Motor city you still have a rear seat fold down? I want to convert my non fold down to a fold down.
Study the conversion well my friend.  Not a trivial task to convert.

kcmash

It is quite a task and I think there might be two different versions. The reinforcements behind the seat are totally different. You also will have to find a hens tooth space saver spare. There are several versions but this is what ours look like. The mount for the spare tire is different in fold down see pic. You store the cylinder under the tire with the spring loop. The lock is part of the protection package. Could not get on Mach 1 so I bought one at dealer and installed. A good space saver will be hundreds.

If you still think you want to go with it and nobody on the forum has the parts you can go to facebook and friend Scotty Strickland in Oxford, NC he has a Mustang junk yard. Shipping will be a bunch.

It is quite a task and I think there might be two different versions. The reinforcements behind the seat are totally different. You also will have to find a hens tooth space saver spare. There are several versions but this is what ours look like. The mount for the spare tire is different in fold down see pic. You store the cylinder under the tire with the spring loop. The lock is part of the protection package. Could not get on Mach 1 so I bought one at dealer and installed. A good space saver will be hundreds.

If you still think you want to go with it and nobody on the forum has the parts you can go to facebook and friend Scotty Strickland in Oxford, NC he has a Mustang junk yard. Shipping will be a bunch.

Carolina, do you have the space saver mounting bracket (as pictured) for sale?

Sorry no,sold those.

as I have on in Ginger.
Motor city you still have a rear seat fold down? I want to convert my non fold down to a fold down.
I should have everything you need, less the space saver bracket.   Let me get you some pictures of what I have so you can see it.

I do not. Scotty Strickland probably has one. I took pictures of them when there a couple years ago. He might have sold all of them. Someone had got the fold down parts but left the spare bracket.

You can get repo spring but I have not see a bracket.

Correct me if I am wrong. You got the space saver spare with the Magnum 500 option even in vert or coupe? Seems like I remember that from Ford Facts Book. That would be 71 - 72.

as I have on in Ginger.
I should have everything you need, less the space saver bracket.   Let me get you some pictures of what I have so you can see it.
That would be great, and a great lead to a stang salvage yard, my B pillar is shot I mean shot but I would love to convert my Mach to a fold down my birthday is in the vin so it’s like having your birthday on a $2 bill for an old timer lol

as I have on in Ginger.
Here is what I have - All four side panels (but front panels have speaker holes cut in them), Fold down seat assembly, Trap door, Attaching brackets and support Braces/brackets are still in a car and would need to be cut out once it warms up enough!).

View attachment 41274

View attachment 41275

View attachment 41276

View attachment 41277

View attachment 41278

View attachment 41279

View attachment 41280

View attachment 41281

Here is what I have - All four side panels (but front panels have speaker holes cut in them), Fold down seat assembly, Trap door, Attaching brackets and support Braces/brackets are still in a car and would need to be cut out once it warms up enough!).
Well now that’s the equipment I need for a fold down. I would like to acquire these pieces from you. I’d like all of it minus the rear deck lid inner panel. Are you cutting the car to pieces?, I mentioned I need a LH B-pillar, and transmission member plus  1 more piece if possible from you.

Is this still available? And would I be getting everything to make it work in a factory solid rear seat? If not could we make it happen?
Sorry,long gone. I have the trap door and supports though.
I believe I found a bundle with motor city so I’ll hopefully pay shipping once. Lol with respect

Well now that’s the equipment I need for a fold down. I would like to acquire these pieces from you. I’d like all of it minus the rear deck lid inner panel. Are you cutting the car to pieces?, I mentioned I need a LH B-pillar, and transmission member plus  1 more piece if possible from you
 Let's make sure I understand what you need and are looking for.   You do not want the metal in the rear (see picture) correct?   For transmission cross member, do you need the bolt on trans crossmember piece or are you looking for the metal brace that goes from one side to the other?   For the B Pillar, are you talking about the door jamb area?   I don't really have the means to cut metal out.

View attachment 41285

Last edited by a moderator:
Back