Center gauges

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

73429mach

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1
1972 Mustang Mach 1 under construction
Very nice job there and yes that's what it's all about, take ideas, tips and tricks from all the others and in turn, add yet another alternative.

It doesn't have to be complicated, just efficient. It's the end result that matters. The use of electronic gauges simplifies the process, far easier to string wires than it is delicate tubing.

Geoff.

Looks great!

I used VDO gauges and they seem to fit better, mine had a large plastic nut that held the gauge down rather than a metal bracket and was easy to hold directly to the bezel

Did you have to cut some of the bezel away to suit the round gauges?

I think it is great we all share info on this forum and it's surprising when doing google searches this forum comes up nearly every time near the top

Looks great!

I used VDO gauges and they seem to fit better, mine had a large plastic nut that held the gauge down rather than a metal bracket and was easy to hold directly to the bezel

Did you have to cut some of the bezel away to suit the round gauges?

I think it is great we all share info on this forum and it's surprising when doing google searches this forum comes up nearly every time near the top
Thanks all on the compliments. Mine also had the plastic but but I ended up using the stud mount with metal brackets. My car didn’t have the factory gauges so I didn’t  have the gauge housing. I ended up making my own and angled them so they fit flush with the bezel. The gauges are round but the bezel opening is a slight oval shape. I didn’t want to  cut my new bezel. They fit nicely.

Back