Your opinion matters

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
I just purchased more brand new parts for my A/C from Classic Auto Air.

I also asked in a email the cost of vacuum motors. I can buy a brand new generic motor for $99.99 each. These come with long shafts that i can cut to size. Second option is a reconditioned original OEM motor for $65 each. With the twin port motor there is only the one option of a reconditioned OEM motor. When you take into account there are a total of 4 vacuum motors the saving mounts up when buying four reconditioned motors. But then theres the do it once and do it right mentality. So is a reconditioned OEM motor going to have the same life span as a new generic one?

What would you all do in my situation. Would appreciate the reasoning behind your choice

Do the reconditioned motors come from Classic Auto Air? If so, I would say they are likely to last as long as, and probably longer than, the new generic ones that are of unknown manufacture and unknown quality. To me generic means no quality control, or ones that didn't make Q.C. standards .

Do the reconditioned motors come from Classic Auto Air? If so, I would say they are likely to last as long as, and probably longer than, the new generic ones that are of unknown manufacture and unknown quality. To me generic means no quality control, or ones that didn't make Q.C. standards .
Thanks Don. Yes they are Classic Auto Air motors. Looks like i will opt for Reconditioned

Back