• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1973 Front Bumper Mounting Hardware

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 with 351C.
I am in need of the mounting hardware that is used to mount the bumper support/reinforcement to the frame bracket/absorber.  Also need the hardware (Bolts, Washers, Nuts) to mount the urethane cover to the support/reinforcement.  I thought I had it all but can't locate.  Car is in the body shop and need these to mount and align the front bumper.  Any help or assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again...Andy

I am in need of the mounting hardware that is used to mount the bumper support/reinforcement to the frame bracket/absorber.  Also need the hardware (Bolts, Washers, Nuts) to mount the urethane cover to the support/reinforcement.  I thought I had it all but can't locate.  Car is in the body shop and need these to mount and align the front bumper.  Any help or assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again...Andy
These 4 clips slide into the bumper brackets with 7/16" x 14 bolt holes and bolt to the bumper extensions (the two "I" beam bumper extensions).  I think AMK may have these clips. 

The frame rail bumper extension bolts are hard to find. They are not a common size at 9/16" x 12 x 2". I found the following bolts work. The Marafast 14mm metric size bolt on right is a bit larger than the original which may help if the original mounting holes in the frame rails are worn out and loose.

Original four 9/16" x 12 x2" 1973 frame rail bumper extension bolts

Bumper support brackets provide support to the thin rubber on top of the urathane bumper. These are often missing or fogotten about.

This covers all the hardware needed for mounting the front bumper. These are commonly available at your local hardware store or you can get them from AMK.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy, you need the 6 across the bottom of the bumper ... have them new
JMT9j3gNhDjo.jpg

and the 4 to mount the bumper to the bumper supports correct?  Would be used

Do you also need the 4 bolts to mount the supports to the frame ? Also used

I'm in a similar situation, I just need the mount to the frame, the box with rubber inside. Car probably can't be licensed without it.

I'm in a similar situation, I just need the mount to the frame, the box with rubber inside. Car probably can't be licensed without it.
Do you need the mount to frame hardware or the complete mounting arms

I have either  PM me I have several sets

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi am Looking for the front bumper frame and brackets for 1973 Mustang, where can I get them, I need those parts for my Mustang.

Thanks
See post / pictures above I have several sets of them

Back