Parcel shelf in convertible / material

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nige

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1

Hello all 

Please can someone give me a name or part number for the parcelself  / material 

That the roof folds into .

Thanks Nige

Hello all 

Please can someone give me a name or part number for the parcelself  / material 

That the roof folds into .

Thanks Nige
OK all thanks it's called well liner .

One question I have always had on the well liner was colors available. I think they were either black or white depending on the top color but do not know that for sure.

If yours is missing you need the two steel rods that are attached with springs in the trunk to give the well liner structure. There was also two felt pads on top of the inner wheel house to help protect the top from scuffing.

The well liner is held behind the rear seat back with a stainless trim piece that also holds the front of the top boot when installed. The back and sides of the well liner are held in place with the big headed phillips screws into the tack strips for the roof.

David

One question I have always had on the well liner was colors available. I think they were either black or white depending on the top color but do not know that for sure.

If yours is missing you need the two steel rods that are attached with springs in the trunk to give the well liner structure. There was also two felt pads on top of the inner wheel house to help protect the top from scuffing.

The well liner is held behind the rear seat back with a stainless trim piece that also holds the front of the top boot when installed. The back and sides of the well liner are held in place with the big headed phillips screws into the tack strips for the roof.

David
I’ve only ever seen black ones. Wouldn’t white reflect like crazy in the rear glass? I can imagine that the reflection of a white well liner in the sun would cause the back lite to become almost opaque....

David
I’ve only ever seen black ones. Wouldn’t white reflect like crazy in the rear glass? I can imagine that the reflection of a white well liner in the sun would cause the back lite to become almost opaque....
The 73 I have came to me with a white one and had a white top. I did change to black top so I put black liner in. I do not know what is correct, lol. I never had once since new. Maybe Ray can shed some light on the subject. I will have to go look at the white one and see if it has Ford number on it. the black one I put in had numbers on it was a used one.

David

David

David, I checked a few listings for what Ford called "Folding Top Compartment Trim". The Torino and Mustang applications only show black and my Cougar info shows the same. Like Luxstang posted I feel the white would cause some terrible reflections in the rear glass.

The Ford part number is D1ZZ-7654602-A and the engineering number is D1ZB-7654602-AOO1A. There may be some suffix variations on some later 73 liners but most will be be like I posted. If you do find a number on the white one that appears to be  Ford formatted  please send it to me so I can see what it is!       :)

David, I checked a few listings for what Ford called "Folding Top Compartment Trim". The Torino and Mustang applications only show black and my Cougar info shows the same. Like Luxstang posted I feel the white would cause some terrible reflections in the rear glass.

The Ford part number is D1ZZ-7654602-A and the engineering number is D1ZB-7654602-AOO1A. There may be some suffix variations on some later 73 liners but most will be be like I posted. If you do find a number on the white one that appears to be  Ford formatted  please send it to me so I can see what it is!       :)
There was nothing but some Block F letters printed on the back side. So maybe I went the right way going back with a black one.

David

Guys - My convertible's is black. I have never seen/noticed any other than black. But I have to be honest - I just took it for granted. Guess I never noticed anything else. Not much help from me on this one!!!! Oh yeah - material is vinyl. LOL

Ray

For what it's worth I might add: mine originally had a white top but the well liner is black. I don't know if it's the original one but I'm pretty sure it is....

Back