Help with whitepages need phone number

Nige

Hello All 

Is there anyone that could help me get a phone number for the last owner of my 72 mustang they are on whitepages but have to live in new york to access

phone number.

he had the car sprayed in new york and i need to get colour code as not the original colour .

will pm details if anyone willing .

Thanks Nige

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like he likes " the color" on the car (not the color from the factory). PROBABLY the best thing is to use a modern system like the Sun Gun (IF he can find a shop there that has it). IN EU ..... https://www.scangrip.com/en

You need someone that would "not start with a code", but rather eye a chip deck and go from there. THERE IS A CHANCE though that the "painter in 1984" used imron/ADD FLAKE so it is still a crap shoot.

Mark

P.S. The above is why I only restore cars. Painting cost $20K so you might as well match to the tag (at least when it comes to Boss's)

You can take the car or peice of it to an axalta or ppg auto paint distributor , they should be able to take a camera (spectrophotometer) picture and come up with a formula. Polish the sample as good as you can. The newer cameras are awesome,especially axalta 's. If they charge you to do that they suck

Hello All 

Is there anyone that could help me get a phone number for the last owner of my 72 mustang they are on whitepages but have to live in new york to access

phone number.

he had the car sprayed in new york and i need to get colour code as not the original colour .

Thanks Nige

Have you tried using online people search websites? They give you addresses and phone numbers...

www.whitepages.com

www.beenverified.com

1973 H Code Convertible - Medium Copper Metallic - June 8, 1973, Built Ford Marketing Sales Vehicle

DSC_0266xsm.jpg

satellite.png Proud Space Junk Award Winner!

I'm curious as to  the color ?

:worthlesswithoutpics:

73 ragtop, 1999 Mustang Bright Atlantic Blue Paint, Phoenix Engine 302-335HP,  Edelbrock Carb & Performer manifold; c4 with 2000 stall and shiftkit; 3:55 auburn limited slip differential, Hedman shorties; Car Chemistry Exhaust

Classic Air; Tilt Steering Wheel; 1999 Chrysler Sebring bucket Seats ; power windows;

Other brands of paint have the same technology. So calling around in your area may be an option.

Hello All 

phone number.

Thanks Nige

Have you tried using online people search websites? They give you addresses and phone numbers...

www.whitepages.com

www.beenverified.com

Thanks have tried both but will not give number because in uk .

Other brands of paint have the same technology. So calling around in your area may be an option.

Hi i took it to car paint warehouse today and they scanned it with machine and computer says no lol

Other brands of paint have the same technology. So calling around in your area and getting the color that way would be a good option to get your color. Good luck!

Did they offer other options to match the color? I would still going to someone that sells a different brand. As all cameras are not created equal. And some people are more helpfully than others, haha

Did they offer other options to match the color?  I would still going to someone that sells a different brand. As all cameras are not created equal. And some people are more helpfully than others, haha

nearest colour they could get was a volvo colour , but he did say if i can leave part off the car he could try and get better match ?

If you can get the code and brand from the painter or owner that would be great. If not give the guy a chance to old school eye match it.

+1, that's the color I thought about, too, when I saw it. Just didn't realize it was that old.

They also had a Sahara Rose in '63 and i think a rose on '68 Thunderbirds (couldn't find a good enough color chart - name).

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

There is a late model infinity color that is very similar. If you can find someone that sells spies hecker, Standox, or cromax products and has an aquire efx or quantum camera. You should be on the right track. In my opinion, and I do this for a living,these cameras are the best at getting the flake right as well as the color and side tone. Ask for spray out cards. Try different air pressures and plan on blending. I would be surprised if those cameras wouldn't read that color. If it doesn't ,ask if they have color spectrum chips, they can be helpfull.

There is  a late model infinity color that is very similar. If you can find someone that sells spies hecker, Standox, or cromax  products and has an aquire efx  or quantum camera. You should be on the right track. In my opinion, and I do this for a living,these cameras are the best at getting the flake right as well as the color and side tone. Ask for spray out cards. Try different  air pressures and  plan on blending. I would be surprised if those cameras wouldn't read that color. If it doesn't ,ask if they have color spectrum chips, they can be helpfull.

Ok thanks for the info.

20180506_103532.jpg

I did not realize you were looking to re-do a different than factory color, so I apologize for recommending Marti Report right off the bat.

When I look at this pic it reminds me of 'Rose Beige" which was a 1963 Ford color.  My dad had a '63 Falcon Sprint convertible in Rose Beige and it certainly stood apart from the crowd.    Difficulty with pictures is the color doesn't always show true between what took the pic and the display on the computer screen.

Not sure how IT-savvy you are, but it's not too difficult to connect to a free proxy server in order to first obtain an IP address in the US. Then you should be able to complete your whitepages search. A few years back I wanted to order some music item that was only available on Amazon UK, and I was blocked from ordering in the states. I used a proxy server to first obtain a UK IP address and then I placed the order. There are instructions on how to do this all over the web.

Hello All 

phone number.

Thanks Nige

Nige,

Look on drivers side of dash. You will see a number/letter combo. 

Put your number/letter combo into this site http://www.mustangdecoder.com/decoder.html

This will give you the color.

Then go to this site where you will get a FORD paint code http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?manuf=Ford&model=Mustang&con=moy&year=1972&page=1&rows=50

Make sure you have the FORD code which will begin with a "M" and have 4 digits after it.

Telephone Autopaints Brighton 01273 326981 and give them your Ford code and they will make your paint for you

Steve

1971 Grande

Hello All 

phone number.

Thanks Nige

Nige,

Look on drivers side of dash. You will see a number/letter combo. 

Put your number/letter combo into this site http://www.mustangdecoder.com/decoder.html

This will give you the color.

Then go to this site where you will get a FORD paint code http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?manuf=Ford&model=Mustang&con=moy&year=1972&page=1&rows=50

Make sure you have the FORD code which will begin with a "M" and have 4 digits after it.

Telephone Autopaints Brighton 01273 326981 and give them your Ford code and they will make your paint for you

Hi Steve

If only she was the original colour that would be great she was sprayed in new york long island , thats why i am trying to get hold of the last owner 

which can be done via whitepages if you live in new york

when i try is says i live out side of new york 

i was hopeing some one on here would try if i give them last owners details via pm .

other than that its pen and paper and post.

Thanks Nige