Help with whitepages need phone number

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nige

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1

Hello All 

Is there anyone that could help me get a phone number for the last owner of my 72 mustang they are on whitepages but have to live in new york to access

phone number.

he had the car sprayed in new york and i need to get colour code as not the original colour .

will pm details if anyone willing .

Thanks Nige

Sounds like he likes " the color" on the car (not the color from the factory). PROBABLY the best thing is to use a modern system like the Sun Gun (IF he can find a shop there that has it). IN EU ..... https://www.scangrip.com/en

You need someone that would "not start with a code", but rather eye a chip deck and go from there. THERE IS A CHANCE though that the "painter in 1984" used imron/ADD FLAKE so it is still a crap shoot.

Mark

P.S. The above is why I only restore cars. Painting cost $20K so you might as well match to the tag (at least when it comes to Boss's)

You can take the car or peice of it to an axalta or ppg auto paint distributor , they should be able to take a camera (spectrophotometer) picture and come up with a formula. Polish the sample as good as you can. The newer cameras are awesome,especially axalta 's. If they charge you to do that they suck

Hello All 

Is there anyone that could help me get a phone number for the last owner of my 72 mustang they are on whitepages but have to live in new york to access

phone number.

he had the car sprayed in new york and i need to get colour code as not the original colour .

Thanks Nige
Have you tried using online people search websites? They give you addresses and phone numbers...

www.whitepages.com

www.beenverified.com

Hello All 

phone number.

Thanks Nige
Have you tried using online people search websites? They give you addresses and phone numbers...

www.whitepages.com

www.beenverified.com

Thanks have tried both but will not give number because in uk .

Other brands of paint have the same technology. So calling around in your area may be an option.
Hi i took it to car paint warehouse today and they scanned it with machine and computer says no lol

Did they offer other options to match the color?  I would still going to someone that sells a different brand. As all cameras are not created equal. And some people are more helpfully than others, haha
nearest colour they could get was a volvo colour , but he did say if i can leave part off the car he could try and get better match ?

+1, that's the color I thought about, too, when I saw it. Just didn't realize it was that old.

They also had a Sahara Rose in '63 and i think a rose on '68 Thunderbirds (couldn't find a good enough color chart - name).

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a late model infinity color that is very similar. If you can find someone that sells spies hecker, Standox, or cromax products and has an aquire efx or quantum camera. You should be on the right track. In my opinion, and I do this for a living,these cameras are the best at getting the flake right as well as the color and side tone. Ask for spray out cards. Try different air pressures and plan on blending. I would be surprised if those cameras wouldn't read that color. If it doesn't ,ask if they have color spectrum chips, they can be helpfull.

Back