Electric cooling fans

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cainsable

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1
I am going with twin 12" fans, just wondering should I have them blow through the radiator to the outside or pull air in from the outside into the engine compartment

Last edited by a moderator:
Pullers are generally better than pushers for radiator cooling.

i'll second the puller fans. they are moooore better to cool. if u can get a shroud with the fans that's a really good idea, but if not then get fans with max coverage.

I have two electric fans: 1 puller and 1 pusher.

I Don't know if this is more effective than 2 pullers…

I'm thinking about reinstalling a 6 blades fan on the water pump and a fan shroud instead of electric fans...

It depends on how much of the radiator the fans cover, how much has air flow through it, and if you have a shroud on the puller side. Offsetting the fans would help to cover more area.

Robsweden,

2 pullers or one puller and one pusher?

I have two electric fans: 1 puller and 1 pusher.

I Don't know if this is more effective than 2 pullers…

I'm thinking about reinstalling a 6 blades fan on the water pump and a fan shroud instead of electric fans...
+1 I run a stock fan with the original 73 radiator and shroud and have no problems at all keeping cool.

I bought a Derale double 13" pullers in a should , thanks for all the responses, on a side note Robsweeden how do you like that pulley kit, I just bought one

I bought a Derale double 13" pullers in a should , thanks for all the responses, on a side note Robsweeden how do you like that pulley kit, I just bought one
The glimmer belt kit is alright, as long that you have Place for it. Cool winning sound when revving :)

Back