Marti Report

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like this hardtop! What a sleeper. Looks like it came with E-78-14 white sidewall tires. Those were skinny! "Belted" tires? Steel belted? Tire technology was evolving quite fast back then.

Electric rear window defroster on a hardtop - RARE. I have only seen a few.

Thanks for posting! Hopefully I have the opportunity of seeing your car in-person soon!

Ray

Here's the Marti Report for my Monster.....

Your invoice shows that Ford sold your car was to its self. Ford Motor Company Figeso was Ford's Ford International General Sales Office (Figeso) at 153 Hasley St, Newark NJ 07100

Looks like it Ford Marketing was involved in the sale somehow, so the car must have an interesting history. From what I have seen Ford Marketing Sales Vehicles have a "T.O" of "S" indicating it was for Ford Internal Sale Purposes. Yours has a "1" which is common for Retail Sale. Originally the car was to be shipped by Rail (RC 03), but then diverted to Convoy and shipped to Cherner Motors.

Back then, Mr. Leon Cherner was president of the Cherner Motor Co., a Ford dealership, and the Cherner Shirlington Motor Co., a Lincoln-Mercury outlet, until his retirement in 1973 for reasons of health. Both firms were dissolved at that time. Although, Cherner Lincoln Mercury was sold to another dealership in 2010.

She does have some neat history....From the previous owner who contacted the original owner.....

"She's a '71 coupe. 351C 4 barrel premium fuel, factory Hurst 4 speed. Has factory ac and the rare electric rear window defroster. Factory raven black/black interior. Special ordered by a woman in the Air Force serving in Vietnam. Has an export DSO code, maybe because she was overseas at the time. When the woman got out in Nov '70 she picked up the car in Virginia and put it on a boat for Belgium where she served as an attaché for the US embassy. Came home to Great Bend Kansas in the late 70s. I bought the car from a guy who bought it from her, and had put on a lousy repaint for a quick resell. Spoke to her on the phone a couple of times and she had neat stories. Was my daily driver through the 90s, lots of fun. I sold her to my cousin when he got back from Afghanistan and he just let her sit in his garage for 5 years. Bought her back. Rust has swiss cheesed the roof under the vinyl top, but all other body is sound. Spots here and there. "Ran when parked 3 years ago" but need the fuel system cleaned out. Her name is Katerina."

Here's the Marti Report for my Monster.....

Your invoice shows that Ford sold your car was to its self. Ford Motor Company Figeso was Ford's Ford International General Sales Office (Figeso) at 153 Hasley St, Newark NJ 07100

Looks like it Ford Marketing was involved in the sale somehow, so the car must have an interesting history. From what I have seen Ford Marketing Sales Vehicles have a "T.O" of "S" indicating it was for Ford Internal Sale Purposes. Yours has a "1" which is common for Retail Sale. Originally the car was to be shipped by Rail (RC 03), but then diverted to Convoy and shipped to Cherner Motors.

Back then, Mr. Leon Cherner was president of the Cherner Motor Co., a Ford dealership, and the Cherner Shirlington Motor Co., a Lincoln-Mercury outlet, until his retirement in 1973 for reasons of health. Both firms were dissolved at that time. Although, Cherner Lincoln Mercury was sold to another dealership in 2010.
She does have some interesting history.....I just posted a reply.....

Back