71-73 Car Covers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketFoot

Stangin' ain't easy but somebody gotta do it!
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
I am looking for an indoor car cover for my Mach 1...mainly just to keep the dust off the car during storage months.  Anyone have any recommendations?  Not many companies list a cover for 71073 Mach 1's, LOL! 

I have been eyeing up a couple covers to fit either 2018 GT500 or 2018 Challengers...both sizes listed are close to the 190 inch long Mach 1.

So, lets hear what you have and maybe a few pics too!

Covercraft. https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/product/custom-dustop-car-cover.C-CCDP?COLORID=TS|CCDP   Chuck

I don't have a picture but I bought 4 over the years from Beverly Hills. The one on my 73 Mach 1 came from them been on car since 1982 in the barn so will last a while. They have different grades the last couple I bought were for verts and fit great. They are water proof even though they are the funny looking material like in the other pics. I think that call that material Non Needled fabric.

Can't remember price but go to their web site. They had in stock couple years ago when I ordered.

D

I got a Coverking from Costco to keep my Mach 1 covered in the garage.  Just put it on a few weeks ago.  It seems to fit well for being a universal cover.  If you go to their website https://www.coverking.com/ you can look up by vehicle.
I am pretty cheap, so I just ordered an XtremeCoverPro cover from Ebay.  They don't have one for 71-73 Mustangs but the 2015-2018 Mustang cover has very similar specs! 

If it fits nicely, I'll post a review.  I really don't need anything more than a dust cover...almost bought a G-14 Cargo Parachute to do the job but this was still cheaper!

Got the GT500 cover today but it is a little snug. The material is soft but I am afraid it may wear the paint on the corners where it is tightest. What do you guys think?
c48b169f90f1abf4daf0c40e77b602ea.jpg
3d0a69a1f01ed4620d098a33eff899e7.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

They are sending me a larger cover! I just want to keep the dust off the car so it doesn't have to fit perfect. Hell, I was gonna buy a parachute canopy to use as a cover!

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

I received the new cover and it fits pretty nicely!  It is loose fitting and a little baggy but that is what I wanted.  Something that is easy to get on and off and not too tight!  It would probably blow off if used outdoors but this is nothing more than a dust cover for me.  This new cover was listed for 2016-2018 Challengers and is 200 inches long. 

I'll probably sell the first cover if anyone is interested...it was listed for 2016-2018 Mustangs and measures 190 inches long. 

@rocketfoot...thx for the pics. I just bought 2 of those covers. Will use one to keep things somewhat clean on the 71 vert restoration. The other will be used on the new purchase which I am getting tomorrow and bringing home. Both vehicles will be inside. Thx again!

@rocketfoot...thx for the pics. I just bought 2 of those covers. Will use one to keep things somewhat clean on the 71 vert restoration. The other will be used on the new purchase which I am getting tomorrow and bringing home. Both vehicles will be inside. Thx again!
Mine is still going strong and looks great!

I do not know what you paid for the universal you got but Beverly Hills Covers has them made for 71 73 Mustang for $35.00. I have use for last 38 years on my Mach 1. Not the cheap one but the best one. 

I have the cheap ones for my verts inside. You get what you pay for so do not expect an inside cover to work outside. 

You are never going to wear the paint out taking a cover on and off. My 73 sat in the dusty pole barn for 37 years and did not wear the paint with wind blowing the cover all the time. Did not even mark the black out on the hood. You guys overthink some of this too much. 

Good thing you did not get a military freight parachute. We got two of them when I was in school and draped them from the rafters in the gym for the Junior Senior and the two covered the entire gym with it draping up and down. They are huge. There was thousands of feet of paracord on them.

The pic is the old one on the Mach 1 it was rotted for sure. Had sewn in mirror pockets in the better quality and fleece inside. 

Here is link to the site. 

https://www.beverlyhillsautocovers.com/car-covers-new/bh-premium-in-door-2-layer-car-cover.html

I like the Budge basic covers from Walmart for a cheap alternative.

This is the biggest, a 5, and it is plenty baggy over the car.

The 4 is a big tight around the rear. 

I think I paid $25 for it. It lasts about a year or so outside, so for inside dust protection, it should be great.

TrjoaRQ.jpg

OjoFaw4.jpg

I don't have an image but I got mine from https://www.carcovers.com It's made of breathable fabrics like multi-layer polyester or satin allow moisture to escape from underneath the cover and prevent condensation from building up on your finish. That is one thing I really love about it. Hope this could help.

Back