Hi from a new member in the uk

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kusanagi

Reaction score
My Car
71 MACH 1
Hi there, just thought I would say hello.

I have had my 71 Mach 1 for about 16 years, and the car has currently been off the road for about 8 years as it is getting a bare metal ground up restoration.

Here are a couple of photos of the car in question when I first bought it.

004a by karl stroud, on Flickr

002a by karl stroud, on Flickr

And a couple of how the car stands at the moment

P1010120a by karl stroud, on Flickr

P1010117a by karl stroud, on Flickr

I will get around to making a restoration thread for the car in the next few days.

Anyway thanks for letting me join.

Hello from Mississippi. Always great to welcome another Mustang fan from across the pond! When you get a chance please tell us some more about yourself and the plans you have in mind for your Mach1!

Welcome from Amsterdam, The Netherlands! I too like the vinyl top, are you putting it back on? (I won't be mad if you don't, just curious ;-) )

Seen this vinyl roof only a blue 72 fastback at the dutch club.

I see no small holes on your current state picts, so I guess you prefer the smooth look.

Welcome from the northern Netherlands

Welcome to the forum.

Have not see a full vinyl roof since back in the 70's. There was a special DSO order in Texas that had full vinyl roof and a guy I worked with had one. They were brown in color and looked almost like leather.

Did it also have a sun roof? Another add on back in the day.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

On to the car, the car had a aftermarket sunroof fitted I believe during the 80's the vinyl roof was also fitted at this time this was probably due to the mess the people who fitted the sunroof made of the roof of the car. The sunroof was a lorry sunroof and when it was fitted, the roof was butchered to make it fit jagged edges and roof re-enforcements cut though, so the roof had lots of ripples and no strength ( this has now been sorted ), I might fit a vinyl roof back on to the car at a later date but his will depend on whether the ripples or cracks come back.

On the plans for the car I will be fitting the correct factory spoiler to it as well as rear screen louvers and the correct decals will be re-fitted, the car has had chassis bars fitted also it has had custom made traction bars fitted as well as uprated suspension and polybushes, on the front the stay bars have been replaced with one's of my own design ( rose joints ), the gearbox has been rebuilt with a shift kit ( FMX ) and I am currently sorting out the build of the engine ( Cleveland ).

Hello and welcome from Germany

Back