A Frame Rubber Plugs

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible
I am missing these plugs on my 71 Convertible. They go right in between both door hinges next to the antenna plug. Does anybody have 2 of them used and or are they being reproduced? I bought a plug kit from OMS but that kit didn't contain them. Thanks!

IMG_1239.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to have door speakers and they were removed from the car. Then I put new door panels on in 1990 but never reinstalled the speakers and or boots. But I had rubber plugs in the holes since then, but they dry rotted. I just would like to find some plugs that fit those 2 holes.They are 1.25" in diameter. Thanks for all replies!

as a last resort maybe a expanding freeze plug  , and a little forma gasket
I had similar problems where a few of the plugs I needed were not in standard kits.  Found all kinds of rubbery bits at a local store that has products for above ground pools, extrusions for household door & window weather seals etc.  A bonus was also grommets for protection of wiring going through holes punched in sheet  metal panels and foam strip material with adhesive backing.  There must  be something in your part of the world ?

Your local auto body shop probably has a range of body plugs; I know mine does.

Back