Boss 347 Dyno Results

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1.5 horse per cubic inch is pretty dam good, and 434 lbs of torque should ruin some tires, well done.
It may not be very "user friendly" but what the hell, it sees 300 miles a year. I need to change a lot of chassis things (again) back to the "Ricky Racer" configuration. For a 10:1 engine it is pretty cool. Chuck

Wow.... for rear wheel power thats amazing... i wont be even close with my 408 in HP. Lots of power at the top end.

That most be an aggressive cam

What are the specs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Congrats, that engine should be a blast! ( not literally) I drove a 4:30 geared , 70 boss 302 with engine mods. about 70,000 miles mostly on back roads of Conn. during the time l had it. I'm 59 and that was my favorite car ever. Kudos to you for building the engine I would have liked to. A Boss with good torque #s. Sweet!

Wow.... for rear wheel power thats amazing... i won't be even close with my 408 in HP. Lots of power at the top end.

That most be an aggressive cam

What are the specs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That is flywheel HP not rear wheel. Chuck

So looks like the place to shift would be around 5,000 rpm. Torque is what gets you down the track not HP. When I was talking with Lee Moody of Holman Moody he said that is the biggest mistake people make is go for rpm and not torque.

When you get it in the car your rear end will tell you when it quits pulling and time to shift not the tach. Tach is for staging and about it. Will live much longer at the lower rpm.

I would look at the transmission gear ratios and calculate how much the RPMs drop when shifting to the next gear. You definitely want to hit the next higher gear before the torque peak, when it is climbing, and you don't want to carry it way past the torque peak before shifting to the next higher gear. This has such a flat torque curve you have a lot of leeway.

I like to look at these in a line chart. Talk about a flat torque curve.

Thanks Don! I forgot to ask for a graph, going after one on Monday. If I can make it idle decently, it should be fun to drive.

Yes, it should be an enjoyable, and impressive, ride. You'll be able to surprise a lot of people with that one.
The surprise factor should be fun because, "Everyone knows Boss 302s don't make any power until 5000 RPM because they have those too large 351C 4V heads."  ;)

I'm always amazed by how many people still insist the large ports in the heads and manifolds can't produce any low end torque, when the Dyno sheets prove otherwise.

Torque is great, but there isn't  many things that sound better than a boss 302 @ 7,300!
Or a Pantera w/a 351C @ 7K

"Clevelands don't make torque" - yeah, okay. Maybe since the engine builder thought you were building a 350 Chevy....

Back