Sorry not mustang just wondering about ford torino

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nige

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1

Hi all Please can someone tell if 1969 ford torino coup pillar less cars are desirable or muscle car.

Thanks any info great.

Nige

They are not as iconic as the mustang, vette or GTO for example. But I personally think they're very nice looking cars. Don't see too many of them. No idea about their marketvalue though...

Man, you could do a whole flow chart showing market values of old cars.

In general, Fairlane/Torinos are less valuable than an equivalent Mustang, as less people get excited about a mid size Ford. They didn't have the "street cred" like the GM & Chrysler mid-size cars.

That said, a 69 428CJ Torino is a very valuable car in it's own right.

Original brochure here: http://oldcarbrochures.org/index.php/NA/Ford/1969_Ford/1969_Ford_Torino_and_Fairlane_Brochure

You should be able to get a nice example of a GT w/a 351 in the sub-$15k range.

A lot would depend on how it came from the factory. A factory Cobra with a 428, 4 speed, bucket seats and console would be worth more than a 302, automatic, bench seat car. Generally, they're "less desirable" than a Mustang, much like a Chevelle doesn't bring the same money as a Camaro, but a nice example will bring about the same money as a generic Mustang.

Steve

(Owner of a '69 Fairlane convertible)

Like stated unless the Torino is a special model they are not much of a collectable. There were the Talladaga models built to satisfy NASCAR to run on the track but still if a 390 car price not there.

I had a change once to buy one of the two Torino King Cobra cars for either $2,500 or $3,500 from guy that use to work for Bud Moore. Bud got them from the prototype shop for hundreds of dollars and gave Jerry Mason one of them. Had no engine. I think last time one sold it went over one million USD. It is still local I am told.

The car for sale missing shock tower braces, not good.

A 69 Torino GT convertible (351ci) sold a few weeks ago at Mecuum Harrisburg for $39,600 (fee's included). Thinking they're on the rise - especially convertibles.

Nice looking car. The coupes do have a following from an interest perspective but not much as an investment grade car. The fastbacks have a little more investment value more so when you get into the 428, 4 speed, bucket seat, CJ, Drag Pack, and Talledega models. There are several Facebook groups out there about Torinos and other mid-sized Fords and Mercury's of that era. Maybe look at some of them. If you are buying as an investment I would not expect much return. If you are buying because you like it you would get all the return you need just driving it.

Thanks all for the info . i think i will look for another 7173 mustang just not many around in uk for sensible money. Nige

Back