Fold down seat - bolts?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engine302

Reaction score
My Car
65 Conv.
65 GT350 tribute
65 GT350R tribute
68 GT500 tribute (project)
69 Mach1 CobraJet
72 Mach1 351C

Can somebody tell me what bolts are used for a 72 Mach1 to fix the

Rear panel? I checked NPD and the internet but did not find anything!

Are the bolts visible like on the image (image is not a 72)?

Can anybody post an image of the bolt and size?

Thanks

Harald

Hi

They are actually screws. That is not a correct installation in your picture. 

Best picture I could find of my seat.  Your picture did not appear to have the chrome pockets for the rubber bumpers to rest in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, ok a screw! But what size of a screw...the wholes in the Panel have about  0,3 inch...?

The attachments showing the wholes of the panel of my mach 1 1972!

By the way ...in German there is only one word for bolt or screw...both are called “Schraube”

Can someone advise about the screw?

I believe someone has modified your panel by drilling out the holes. Probably did the same to the mounting flange on the floor. It is not a large screw so you will either need to go back to the same bolts or have someone weld in some metal and re drill the holes on both the cover panel and the floor flange. Over 40 years people change things and if you want to go back to stock it can sometimes be a challenge.

I believe someone has  modified your panel by drilling out the holes.  Probably did the same to the mounting flange on the floor.  It is not a large screw so you will either need to go back to the same bolts or have someone weld in some metal and re drill the holes on both the cover panel and the floor flange.  Over 40 years people change things and if you want to go back to stock it can sometimes be a challenge.
Yes, looks like you are right! I’m going to weld a washer in the whole to get the right fit to the small screws!

Txs

Harald

I believe someone has  modified your panel by drilling out the holes.  Probably did the same to the mounting flange on the floor.  It is not a large screw so you will either need to go back to the same bolts or have someone weld in some metal and re drill the holes on both the cover panel and the floor flange.  Over 40 years people change things and if you want to go back to stock it can sometimes be a challenge.
Yes, looks like you are right! I’m going to weld a washer in the whole to get the right fit to the small screws!

Txs

Harald
It may be worthwhile to just weld in some metal versus a washer and then drill a small hole. They are course threaded screws so it should bite on a small pilot hole. It would need to be a very small washer and hard to weld.

Back