Glass

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know SDstang replaced all his glass on his 73 vert from auto city classic glass. I helped him with the install of the door glass with no issue. I plan on using there door glass as well.

Thanks, I'll give the side glass a try. In smoke gray. They sell 4pc.set on eBay 289.00 +40.00. I do agree as far as windshields go, cheaper ones are also usually more brittle and more likely to crack. I already have a nice p.p.g. one .hopefully I can find someone with tint to match for the back window

The 4pc. side glass showed up, well packaged, not a mark on them ,11/64-3/16 thick as we're my originals. For my car they will be fine
Good to know.

Are they good surface and not wavy? BTW did you know they pour molten glass onto a tank of molten tin and it automatically levels itself out. I was told by supplier of glass for the John Deere tractor cabs that is how it has been done for many years. The old glass that is wavy was hand rolled so you got the waves then someone figured out you could float it on molten tin and get perfect flat glass.

They do look nice and straight. That would be something, A really straight black car with wavy windows! I didn't give that any thought. Now that you mention it I see many new homes being built with very wavy glass. The house I grew up in was built in 1753. Talk about wavy glass, hell wavy everything.

I ordered 2 pieces of 1/4 glass from them but immediately changed my mind and cancelled the sale. Turned out they didn't have the date code or anything etched into them. I'm sure it can be done but didn't go that far to find out, so I was able to find 2 original 1/4 windows and I'll be taking them to a glass shop for buffing some scratches out. Or perhaps do it myself!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, not meant for concourse restoration. I wanted dark tinted glass instead of film. Plus the time and materials for doing it your self , or polishing cost plus tinting made this a good deal for me. You can polish scratches and sander marks, you can also put dips in it just like with marble or paint.

Back