Classic Auto Air

CobraJet351

8 hours ago, CobraJet351 said:

Any tip for removing the knobs before I break something? 

The knobs just pull off. I used a flat forked tool and slipped it over the lever and behind the knob and pulled until it popped off.

1973 H Code Convertible - Medium Copper Metallic - June 8, 1973, Built Ford Marketing Sales Vehicle

DSC_0266xsm.jpg

satellite.png Proud Space Junk Award Winner!

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, 71coop said:

No, I'm cheap. I don't know how well it'll hold up, but I actually did it in Word, printed it on our home inkjet, then used my wife's home laminating machine to seal it up. She had laminate "blanks" with an adhesive backing. Came out pretty decent.

When using your home inkjet printer, I know the ink will run/bleed if it gets wet. I had moisture get to the paper even after laminating it and ruin the ink. I suggest "fixing" the ink after printing by spraying the paper with a Krylon clear to prevent the ink from bleeding should it get wet and then laminate it. You can buy a spray that is made for fixing the I k, but I found any spray clear works just as well.

Edited by rackerm
  • Like 1

1973 H Code Convertible - Medium Copper Metallic - June 8, 1973, Built Ford Marketing Sales Vehicle

DSC_0266xsm.jpg

satellite.png Proud Space Junk Award Winner!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...