MCACN November 2018

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
I am excited that I was selected to be judged at MCACN (Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals) this coming November in Chicago.  This is another one of those bucket list shows I have always wanted to participate in.  There are some great cars displayed there every year. This year is to include some very notable mustangs Lil Red, The Green Hornet, and the original Bullitt car.  It is the weekend before Thanksgiving for anyone around the Chicago area.  Really looking forward to this one.

[attachment=47783]

Spent this past weekend cleaning and will spend this coming weekend getting things ready to head out next Thursday.  Received my show packet and my unload time is 5 pm Thursday at the Douglas Stephens Convention Center.  It will be an early start Thursday morning from Memphis to make it to Chicago by 5 having to stop every 2 hours for gas.  This should be a great show.  If you are in the area and can stop by and say hi that would be great.  Show runs Saturday and Sunday.  Here is a link to their website https://www.mcacn.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool! Your car is so beautiful, I’m sure it will attract some attention. Have fun and be careful driving there. Supposed to get cold and snowy in the mid-west this week.
Grew up in the midwest, but collectively I have spent more years of my life south of the mason dixon line.  Hopefully the ground is still warm enough to melt it off quick.  Do not look forward to towing a 24' enclosed trailer on a snowy road for sure.

[attachment=48117]

We don't know it will snow !! LOL BUt from someone that tows alot (and know the difference in a Diesel and a Gas Turbo) .......know to NOT have the trailer brakes at a high % when in snow! Also - go into the settings for your truck and change the settings for the throttle tip in and rate of the TPS sensor. (just by adjusting those you can keep the back wheels of the truck in check too)

Mark

After two weekends of cleaning I think I am ready for the show. I cannot begin to say how much the lift makes this difficult job much easier.  Here is a video to show the undercarriage

Figure everyone has the seen the topside enough; plus it gets me the opportunity to show off the benefit of the left.

Looks like mother nature is planning against me for our drive. Weather forecast does not look good for central Illinois on Thursday. We may change up our plans and head out tomorrow ahead of the snow flying. Not ideal conditions on Thursday to be pulling the trailer with in my opinion.

Man, what a week and weekend. I would definitely recommend this show to anyone who can make it. If interested here is a video that I participated in after a very very long day. We made it to the show about 7 am and the interview happened around 11 pm. So, to go with that the 72 is included at the last 15 minutes or so. Watch the whole 2+ hour video if you can to get a flavor of the whole show.

https://www.facebook.com/V8TVshow/videos/2238632089795818/

Still working on show recovery before the holiday. Swapped all the cars around and cleaned all the salt of the truck. YUK! I hate road salt. Here are a few photos from the show.

[attachment=48223]

[attachment=48224]

[attachment=48225]

[attachment=48226]

Man, what a week and weekend. I would definitely recommend this show to anyone who can make it. If interested here is a video that I participated in after a very very long day. We made it to the show about 7 am and the interview happened around 11 pm. So, to go with that the 72 is included at the last 15 minutes or so. Watch the whole 2+ hour video if you can to get a flavor of the whole show.

https://www.facebook.com/V8TVshow/videos/2238632089795818/
Very cool! Congratulations! Look forward to seeing your car in person one day.

Back