Hard to find bits

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ballaratcastle

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible. Just imported from the USA as an unfinished project.
[url=https://ibb.co/gXU4Qy][img]https://preview.ibb.co/f0tW5y/Mustang.jpg[/img][/url]
Hi all. 

I was lucky to meet an old guy at our beach hop here in NZ in march who told me he had an old 73 fastback rusting in a friends paddock for the last 12yrs so I was able to travel to his place last week and grab some of the harder to find (and ship to NZ) parts that don't seem to be reproduced yet like the 70 and earlier models. 

From the car, I managed to get the correct steering pump bracket and adaptor (I had previously posted about), but unfortunately I just need to find the right pully as the cast spoked pulley fractured when an engineer friend went to remove the pulley (the pump was stuffed) to put on my pump that had a bent solid pulley. 

I was also able to get the strut tower braces and the 5mph crash bumper brackets as mine had been chopped and changed to make the car look straight when the chassis was bent. 

The parts I have still to find are the front plasitc spash shields/guards. Unfortunately they don't seem to have reproductions I can find online. Plenty of affordable sets for the 64-70 models. Does anyone know if they have started producing them or I just have to find expensive second hand ones. I have only seen the odd one here or there on Ebay and they seem really expensive. Obviously due to their demand and lack of reproductions. 

Cheers

Steve

Hi Ed

Nice Car! Yes thats correct the 4 plastic inner shields under the front wheel arches. The wrecked 73 only had one of them and it was in very rough condition and the seller of my car could not find his (he had a few mustangs to get rid of and had parts mixed up)

I probably have what you need. Here is picture of set I restored for my 73 vert. I wash them to get any road tar off, the wash with dish washing liquid and then blast them with walnut shells to even out the finish and then spray them with satin clear to make them look new.

Let me know if interested will be fair on price and will box up and can do export papers with Post Office.

I have sent items to Africa and just declared them as gifts and they paid no duty there. Will that work there?

You would probably need the self tapping fasteners to install also and would have them also.

If you want them restored before I ship can do also or you can do there.

I have a set of 4 originals but I cannot remember if the 73's are different from the 71-72's. What is the part number on the one that you have? If it is a D1__ prefix I have a set of four that I'll sell for $15.00 plus shipping. Lets hope !! Ed Raver

Thanks guys. Ed I would be interested in buying the set please. Thank you for a great price. I have attached a photo of the part number on the shield which has a split in the bottom.

I will pm you with some details as I will check with the kiwi guy who exported my car to me lives in LA . I can ask him to pay you direct into an American bank account and he will throw them in his next container of cars coming to NZ. Due to the fact he inspected my car and told me it was a minter and will fly through compliance in NZ and it turns out I have to replace the front end due to a buckled chassis he isn't charging me freight. Unless your a parts agent and I can pm or email my credit card details and Robs California address. Cheers Steve

PayPal works for me of you can do that. Get me a shipping address so I can figure the cost. These have not been cleaned or anything. Just FYI.    Ed Raver
Thanks Ed

Have PM'd you.

PayPal works for me of you can do that. Get me a shipping address so I can figure the cost. These have not been cleaned or anything. Just FYI.    Ed Raver
Hi Ed

Did you receive my PM with the two address options. 

Cheers

Steve

Hi Ed

Cheers

Steve
Yes, I received the two addresses. The splash shields are still available but as I posted I can only find three of them. Is that still ok with you or have I just made a big mess?  Please let me know.  Thanks,  Ed Raver   I'm going to the Boss Nationals this weekend so the shipping will be delayed a couple of days.

Yes, I received the two addresses. The splash shields are still available but as I posted I can only find three of them. Is that still OK with you or have I just made a big mess? Please let me know. Thanks, Ed Raver 505-250-5798 I'm going to the Boss Nationals this weekend so shipping will be delayed a couple of days.

Hi Ed

Cheers

Steve
Yes, I received the two addresses. The splash shields are still available but as I posted I can only find three of them. Is that still ok with you or have I just made a big mess?  Please let me know.  Thanks,  Ed Raver   I'm going to the Boss Nationals this weekend so the shipping will be delayed a couple of days.
Hi Ed

No worries. I will check your 3 against the one I got off the wrecked grande and with a bit of luck it will make the set! 

please let me know your paypal details and the cost of the shields you have and the postage when you get a chance

Regards

Steve

Back