1972 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So are you going back to the Dark Green Metalic paint? The Immersion Block Heater is a neat option; I guess they were necessary in Canada!

So are you going back to the Dark Green Metalic paint? The Immersion Block Heater is a neat option; I guess they were necessary in Canada!
Not sure. I've stripped it down to the frame, all mechanics out, but havn't decided if its a restomod or original. I'm leaning toward a restomod as the car isn't all that rare (well except maybe the block heater). I was thinking on painting it a Harley Davidson color (Sedona Orange) with the black striping. Its a dark (burnt) metallic orange. Mind you, Dark Metalic Green with the original white interior would be different.

I have a question though, my Marti report shows power front disc brakes, yet I have power front drum brakes ? Error on Marti report ?

Nice car & welcome to the forum. What may have happened is Ford didn't stop production on the line if a car came through calling for one option and the parts bin was empty; they just grabbed the next best thing. Sounds like what happened in your case and you got power drums on the front. BTW, I've never seen pwr drums before...not saying that wasn't available but I haven't heard of this before. What does your buck tag say if still on the car?

I have a extra set of power front disc brakes (complete setup still on my part's car) if you want to upgrade to your Marti report. :)

Nice car & welcome to the forum. What may have happened is Ford didn't stop production on the line if a car came through calling for one option and the parts bin was empty; they just grabbed the next best thing. Sounds like what happened in your case and you got power drums on the front. BTW, I've never seen pwr drums before...not saying that wasn't available but I haven't heard of this before. What does your buck tag say if still on the car?

I have a extra set of power front disc brakes (complete setup still on my part's car) if you want to upgrade to your Marti report. :)
I'll check my tag tomorrow. Definately drums on the from and they are power. Send me a PM about your brakes, I'm definately interested.

Thx

Also of note, there was a definate front end impact on the passenger side. The repair work is bronzed, so I'm guessing its older then newer. Is it possible that they replaced the entire front mechanics with a junker that just happened to be drum brakes ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back