Very special request

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Ford Mustang Mach 1 351 CJ all matching numbers, under restoration.
73 Ford Mustang Sprint from Mexico.
Hello,

I wanted to buy cigars Hav a Tampa through internet but we can't get that for Europe.

If someone could help me to buy some and send to me I will appreciate. Will be a surprise for my dad, who was working in the US in the 70's, he told me about those cigars few weeks ago.

Naturally I pay for the cigars , the shipping plus a bonus for the kind help.

Thanks.

That's a pitty you did not say when you were here. There is a cigars special shop 500 meters of my house, they have a zillion of different kinds... I'll ask if they have the ones you want, tho not sure if you can legally ship cigars/cigs per post to France just like that. Prolly ok for a single box.

I think there are different ones. Was it the Jewel with the wooden tip smaller diameter?

Be glad to do that for you if you want. Just tell me exactly which one and how many.

Cheers,

David

Many thanks David!!!

I would like the the Jewel Sweet small diameter with wooden tip. I saw boxes with 5 cigars inside.

I appreciate a lot!!! merci merci merci!!!

I check how much boxes of 5 cigars, I think ten boxes.

I think there are different ones. Was it the Jewel with the wooden tip smaller diameter?

Be glad to do that for you if you want. Just tell me exactly which one and how many.

Cheers,

David

Many thanks David!!!

I would like the the Jewel Sweet small diameter with wooden tip. I saw boxes with 5 cigars inside.

I appreciate a lot!!! merci merci merci!!!

I check how much boxes of 5 cigars, I think ten boxes.
They use to sell them in big boxes not sure how many. In US it was tradition to give cigars when baby was born and I gave them and bought the big box. Will see what I can find.

Can you check on customs restrictions to see if they will let them through?  Let me know if ok. I know flying they have limits on smokes of any kind.

I live near Tampa, FL so I could also try and help if needed. I looked it up and it seems that you are allowed to mail up to 22lbs (10 kilos) per year of cigars into France to an individual.

I live near Tampa, FL so I could also try and help if needed.  I looked it up and it seems that you are allowed to mail up to 22lbs (10 kilos) per year of cigars into France to an individual.
I try to order from different US sites who sell cigars and looks like there are restrictions. But I will ask directly to the customs office around me to get a definitive and reliable answer.

Thank you for your help ;)

It's interesting to see how tastes vary based on what is locally available. You are located in France where Cuban cigars are legal (which means the rest of the world other than the US), and I have read on other forums where Europeans are trying to obtain cigars which are in many cases only available in the US. I had a number of the Hav-A-Tampa cigars back in the 80's and they were a decent quick smoke. Sometimes that's just what you're looking for. I have visited Cuba four times, took tours of several of the old cigar factories, and toured the western part of the island where the premium tobacco is grown. You might say I have a few Cuban cigars on hand in my end table humidor. lol I wish you luck in obtaining the cigars, and I hope that the blend and quality is the same that your father remembers. They actually moved production from Tampa to Puerto Rico around ten years ago.

Some update: in France (and probably for all Europe), I am allowed to receive

Cigarettes : 200 unités

ou Cigarillos : 100 unités

ou Tabacs à fumer : 250 g

ou Cigares : 50 unités.

In this case I don't know if Hav A Tampa I would like is considered as cigarillos or cigars, but never mind because I would like a box of 50 pieces.

https://www.cheapcigars4me.com/Hav-A-Tampa-Jewels-Sweet-Cigars-Box_p_1217.html

If it's ok for you David, it will be sent as gift, so no tax to pay for me, because the quantity don't exceed what is allowed, and because it's a gift.

http://www.douane.gouv.fr/articles/a10799-franchises-douanieres-et-fiscales-en-valeur-et-en-quantites

Thank you guys for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

In this case I don't know if Hav A Tampa I would like is considered as cigarillos or cigars, but never mind because I would like a box of 50 pieces.

If it's ok for you David, it will be sent as gift, so no tax to pay for me, because the quantity don't exceed what is allowed, and because it's a gift.

http://www.douane.gouv.fr/articles/a10799-franchises-douanieres-et-fiscales-en-valeur-et-en-quantites

Manu,

Please PM me your full name and address information for the shipping. I will go to smoke shop today and see what I can come up with for 50 smokes.

I went to Cuba couple years ago without permission, lol. Went to Nassau and got ticket on Cubana air.

Spent over two weeks just going places no plan did not stay in a hotel at all. Stayed with the locals forget what they call it but like B&B in US. Normal citizens get about $25.00 per month salary, medical Dr. about $40.00 and the highest paid person in Cuba is the tobacco farmer at $45.00 a month.

I quit smoking over 10 years ago Have COPD and lost about 40% of lung capacity. I started out smoking cigars.

So will see what I can locate today do not know where smoke shops are but will find them.

Cheers,

David

Manu,

Please PM me your full name and address information for the shipping. I will go to smoke shop today and see what I can come up with for 50 smokes.

I went to Cuba couple years ago without permission, lol. Went to Nassau and got ticket on Cubana air.

Spent over two weeks just going places no plan did not stay in a hotel at all. Stayed with the locals forget what they call it but like B&B in US. Normal citizens get about $25.00 per month salary, medical Dr. about $40.00 and the highest paid person in Cuba is the tobacco farmer at $45.00 a month.

I quit smoking over 10 years ago Have COPD and lost about 40% of lung capacity. I started out smoking cigars.

So will see what I can locate today do not know where smoke shops are but will find them.

Cheers,

David

David,I will post a pic from a box my father brought back from US in the 70's. Still have one, to my mother home. 

I remember when ùy dad came back from US, he was full of gift for my brother and sisters. I remember roller skates, watches with led illumination, cars model kit... At this time he was in business with guys from San Antonio, importation of antiques from France.

In 1983, I was 17, and we travelled together to US. New York, friends in New Jersey, Atlanta, San Antonio. This trip, I will never forget. It's probably at this time that I felt in love with 70's american cars. I will come back to US, I would like to go one time to the burning man, to drive in those roads, symply to do a road trip.

Ok have been having to do lots of running around with the big storm coming soon. Got generator tested and plenty of fuel and I think everything is ready for the big blow and rain.

I did get the 10 packs of 5 Hav-A-Tampa Jewels Sweet. Most places did not have them but our local grocery Ingle's did.

So they are boxed up will see if I can do the customs paperwork tonight and get to the Post Office tomorrow. I did stop by and they said best not to send in a Priority Mail box just a regular would save a bunch on postage.

The box is just a little over one pound in weight US.

I will send you PM with copy of the tracking info for the cigars and we can figure something out on payment.

Cheers and enjoy,

Many thanks David, my dad will appreciate, for sure the smell will remind us our 1983 travel to US.

You should not leave your house? Or you don't have the obligation (authority) to leave the area?

Well I saw the news this morning that the Hurricane is retrograded to 2, and is deviated to the south, direction Georgia...

Take care,

Manu

Back