Autolite Group 24 Battery

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible
I got my autolite group 24 battery dropped off by UPS. So as anxious and excited as I was soon a disappointment set in. After unpacking and inspecting it I noticed 2 cracks in the top of the case. WTH!  :mad: Don't these manufacturers check each and every battery before they ship them? Made in USA! No wonder our country is going into the crapper. Ordered through Virginia Classic Mustang, I sent them an email yesterday and demanded a replacement for it ASAP!

Sorry to hear that. It's a rush when the UPS guy drops off a part you've been waiting for and a bummer when there's an issue like that. That battery is too damn expensive to have to look at that crack! I'm sure they will replace it for you.

Yeah it blows. Tell me about the rush, I work for FedEx! I talked to Michelle at Virginia Classic Mustang and she contacted the manufacturer and they are already making me a new one, hopefully this one's going to be crack free!

I wanted to buy a battery last year when they were available and a little cheaper but hesitated since my car wasn't anything near or even close to completion. Because the warranty for it starts as soon as you receive the battery! When I tried to order one about 7 months ago they were out. But they put my name on the list and as soon as they were available again I got notice from them if I still wanted the battery. And yes of course I wanted one. Time frame from notice to actual shipping was about 2-3 weeks. So for me it was about an 8 month ordeal. If you want one you should contact Michelle at VCM and see if she can hook you up!

Back