What are your guys thoughts on the new convex sport mirror assy

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OMS

Vendors
Reaction score
My Car
xxx
Posted an ad about this new mirror assembly a few weeks ago.

Thought these would spark some interest.

Complete new inner swivel assemble with convex glass.

Looking for some feedback

FM-BM006C_BACK.jpg

If it will make my wife say that she doesn't look fat in it, I'll take one!

"Convex," not "Concave."  Meaning, it'll offer a more panoramic view - by bending the surface outward slightly, it'll cover more area for viewing.  Much like those little round convex mirrors people used to put on their truck mirrors back in the '70s & '80s.

So, it'll pretty much make everybody look fat.  :whistling:

I like it!  I'm thinking I'll be getting one sooner than later - especially, since the ball & socket in my passenger mirror seems to have lost it's tension and pretty much just flops downward at the first bump in the road.

I know you don't have control over this, but what I'd really like to see is a complete set of dashboard switch bezels (lights, wipers, lighter) like the ones available for the '70 models. A new 'Park' light would be awesome, too. Those are pretty much the only things that don't look new on my dash, thanks to you having pretty much everything else I needed. I mean, the 'Lights' bezel opening is the same shape as the 'Wipers' bezel opening... why can't they just make one using the same tooling as the wiper bezel that just says 'LIGHTS' in the label area? Still waiting... ;)

I installed just the mirror itself by breaking off the existing one and gluing in the curved one. It makes for a much safer ride in traffic. i love it.

I forget where I got it, I think it was recommended here though.

I thought I saw these mirrors in the NPD catalog and when I tried to order one (I think they ran around $16) they said they were out. That was a while ago. How much do you sell them for Don? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the convex glass already, but the swivel assembly on mine is junk.  I just ordered one from OMS at $74.95 (keep in mind, it's not just the glass - it comes with the swivel, glass base/backing, etc).

75 bucks?! Nothing's too expensive for my car LOL but I have to think about that one! I am very close of having completed my parts search, both original and aftermarket. Rest of my budget haha is for body work, paint and a new top of course!

Don,

Is it the same size as the OEM ? I put the replacement from West coast cougar in mine and it fit well a worked great, but I believe it should be made larger like the driver mirror glass.

Thanks, Jay

75 bucks?! Nothing's too expensive for my car LOL but I have to think about that one! I am very close of having completed my parts search, both original and aftermarket. Rest of my budget haha is for body work, paint and a new top of course!
The one that is JUST the replacement glass is 21.95 including shipping - it is listed on the web site too.

This one has the glass, bracket and swivel assembly - it is more geared to replace the loose swivel assembly

i bought just the mirror quite a few years ago. however it was one of the best upgrades for the car next to converting the interior lights to LED.

i recommend anyone that drives their car installs it.

I wonder why there would such a difference in price? On page 321 in NPD catalog item #17722 glass assembly for racing style mirror, RH side marked "Objects in Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear". 17722-3B $14.95 When I called them they said that this part has been around for 3 years but they were out. No offense Don!

Two different products. The one from NPD is just the piece of glass/mirror. The one from Don is the assembly behind the glass/mirror, plus the glass/convex mirror. In other words Don's cures the mirror from flopping when you hit a bump.

I wonder why there would such a difference in price? On page 321 in NPD catalog item #17722 glass assembly for racing style mirror, RH side marked "Objects in Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear". 17722-3B $14.95 When I called them they said that this part has been around for 3 years but they were out. No offense Don!
Terry the difference is you are comparing two different parts

I answered you before on this

As for the plain just glass mirror you called NPD about you better not buy one it is made by Scott Drake and I have been selling them for two or three years too

The one that is JUST the replacement glass is 21.95 including shipping - it is listed on the web site too.

This one has the glass, bracket and swivel assembly - it is more geared to replace the loose swivel assembly

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright Don, thank you! I will think about it.
Terry, sorry not trying to push you to buy anything.

You questioned why the big price difference 74.95 between this new product and the one you found at NPD  for 15.00 - a couple of times.

I just wanted to be clear this is a new product - this is the complete inside assembly of the mirror.

If your swivel is good ... just buy the glass only, again I sell that too 21.95 shipped

If your mirror flops around, then you might want to consider the complete assembly with glass 74.95

Back