Newold

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Brought it home for some winter homework

And free up some space and time for My poor brother Greg Schroeder. He don’t know it yet but next he will have the fun part in building the motor. Now to get started cleaning trim 70ea39d905a98932a3927d3c777822f1.jpg4f988df38f3e8c69288e50d009720bf9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Looks good. Nice work.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Was i close?

Hood looks way better than most just shiny but you cannot get the correct paint today either.

Original.jpg

DSC-0958-2.jpg

DSC-0959-2.jpg

DSC-0960-2.jpg

DSC-0961-2.jpg

DSC-0962-2.jpg

DSC-0963-2.jpg

DSC-0964-2.jpg

• Like 1

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

• 1 month later...

i would check the internals of the procomp heads! If they have procomp springs, guides, and valves you can kiss that motor goodbye in a very short period of time.

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.

i would check the internals of the procomp heads! If they have procomp springs, guides, and valves you can kiss that motor goodbye in a very short period of time.

I haven’t heard that before. I’ll check. Thanks

You have any experience with them?

Absolutely. Just do a quick search on google about ANYTHING Procomp. Its mostly Chinese knock off junk. I wouldn't run any of their stuff in my car. But i have heard of people having decent luck with their bare aluminum heads and putting in quality valvetrain components. I guess the castings are decent but the parts they put in them are absolute junk. Even the guides have a tendency to wear prematurely or break and fail.

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.

Absolutely. Just do a quick search on google about ANYTHING Procomp. Its mostly Chinese knock off junk. I wouldn't run any of their stuff in my car. But i have heard of people having decent luck with their bare aluminum heads and putting in quality valvetrain components. I guess the castings are decent but the parts they put in them are absolute junk. Even the guides have a tendency to wear prematurely or break and fail.

Thanks. Doing some more checking now