New tool box. (click "last post")

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Mustang
Finally got my new box set up. I got a 56” box and 16” locker from Harbor Freight. Their tool boxes are actually really nice! Seem to be better built than my old craftsman. I had an old filing cabinet in this spot for years for all my bodywork tools and supplies, but this box is way nicer!!  I  still have a lot of drawers to fill but that wont take long. I even got rid of my old big box tv and got a 50" flatscreen and swivel mounted it on the wall with 6 speaker surround sound system.  The Steeler games just got that much better in the garage. And it makes it a lot more organized for working on my sons racing kart.

I also moved and organized my old shelf. It’s made out of old Atlas dynamite boxes from the 1950’s. 

570667_FC_B9_FC_4831_ABB9_A9_FC9_ABEAA13.jpg
[/url]

https://ibb.co/iXp5Ep

Last edited by a moderator:
nice one.. but i only see 2 tool box set-up's. is that enough??? i guess i'm a tool horder. i have 3 tops/bottoms and added a 6ft tall vidmar last yr.. i got one draw left empty..

now if i can only find what i'm looking for.. it's in there somewhere.

nice one.. but i only see 2 tool box set-up's. is that enough??? i guess i'm a tool horder. i have 3 tops/bottoms and added a 6ft tall vidmar last yr.. i got one draw left empty..

now if i can only find what i'm looking for.. it's in there somewhere.
Lol. No but that’s all I have room for in the garage. I have another one in the shed with the quads.  And I have all my construction tools in my basement. Can never have enough tools or storage. But I do like to try and keep things organized.

Congrats! The HF tool boxes are well made and should not be overlooked. Chuck

Nice looking garage corner! I am sure the Packers game would have looked nice in that TV :) I heard it on the radio while in the garage. It would be too much distraction to watch the TV.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I usually have the TV on anytime I'm in the garage. Just background noise anymore but it is distracting while trying to work while the game is on!

Anyone having trouble seeing other peoples replies?? If I click the post it just shows my original post. No replies. But if I click the link to last post, it takes me to the correct place??

I did edit my first post maybe that messed something up?

:bravo:Always great to have new additions to shop.

I see the front of the cart is busted. When me and son use to kart I bent a piece of 3/4 conduit and glassed it in the front bottom corner in the nose to stop that. Also put some fender washers and glassed in where it mounted. 

We also kept bending the nerf bars so I took off and turned a piece of solid steel and put inside the tubes that mounted it to the frame never bent again.

We had to add weight and both additions were down low so did not hurt the Kart any.

I see the front of the cart is busted. When me and son use to kart I bent a piece of 3/4 conduit and glassed it in the front bottom corner in the nose to stop that. Also put some fender washers and glassed in where it mounted. 

We also kept bending the nerf bars so I took off and turned a piece of solid steel and put inside the tubes that mounted it to the frame never bent again.

We had to add weight and both additions were down low so did not hurt the Kart any.
That body is 2 seasons old, so its holding up well. I also use big fender washers up front and glass them in. The body of the kart was perfect at the beginning of the season. But dirt racing is a contact sport! LOL! We have 2 races left in the season and we are still leading the points series. 2ND place is right on us. I think its going to come down to the last race of the season.

Also on the nerf bars, they recommend not reinforcing those. They are meant to bend on a hard impact. They absorb the impact and saves the chassis from being damaged.

That body is 2 seasons old, so its holding up well. I also use big fender washers up front and glass them in. The body of the kart was perfect at the beginning of the season. But dirt racing is a contact sport! LOL! We have 2 races left in the season and we are still leading the points series. 2ND place is right on us. I think its going to come down to the last race of the season.

Also on the nerf bars, they recommend not reinforcing those. They are meant to bend on a hard impact. They absorb the impact and saves the chassis from being damaged.

You are right on the dirt track being a contact sport. I would wake up the next morning and difficult to move and bruises all over my hips and legs. I am 6'5" so no kart fits me, lol.

We could not keep the nerf bars in place at all, heat race bent, main event would be into the tire and put out of race had to do something different. Old chassis back then also was in the 80's.

Going to dig the Kart out and hand from rafters in garage many great memories. Taught my son to drive way before 16 he started at I think 8 and did for 8 years.

The Georgia and South Carolina clay is known for making great dirt track base.

Latest posts

Back