Want a good laugh?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Sport Roof
Check out this link, post #6. Guy was asking about porting and polishing his heads.

To save time, here's the funny part:

"Hey guys, I've got a 98 1.8T. I've had a k04 and chip for a while and wanted to get more performance. I was recommended to port and polish the intake and exhaust. We found out they used abrasive material to do it like gritty sand. So I got with my friend that tunes Hondas and we decided to try it ourselves. We got a bag of sandblasting sand and hooked up into the intake and started the car. We had to hold the gas so it would run. He wanted to let the engine suck in the sand through the intake so it would port it out and then push it out the ehxaust so it would port the exhaust manifold. I was worried that it might cause problems but he figured it'd be OK as long as we didn't make boost and it get sucked in the turbo. After running the car and letting it suck in sand we got about half way through a 25 lb bag. The check engine light was on and the engine was bucking and kicking and sounding really weird. We stopped and hooked the car back up normal and took off the sand supply. We tried to start it again and it was really hard. Once started it couldn't idle and kept making weird noises. We took it out and drove it and it started to make scraping and knocking noises. Help! Can anyone tell me what to do! My buddy only does Hondas so he doesn't know much about Audis."

Haha! Now I know how to P&P my heads :idea:...that's like watching a train wreck unfold in slow motion rofl.

That video is hilarious and so true. Stupid ricers are always wrong. Even though it sounds riceresc in saying it but my dodge shadow can handle most of the civics around town. Anyhow funny post and video.

So funny and so true. The kid up the street tells me all the time that his Honda will smoke my 89 GT. About a week ago we were getting on the freeway at the same time. I knew when the light turns green it was on. So I started to power break to get up on the converter. Bam lights green time to go. We ran door to door up to 85-90 when I decided to lift. I just had to laugh thinking if he couldn't beat my stock 07 F350 Crew Cab Power Stroke. Theirs know way that Honda is going to Smoke my 5 Liter. It was kinda fun watching the shift light on his big tach and his little girl friend looking at me laughing at them.

Sucking in sand?!?

Geez, coulda told you that wouldn´t work! Everybody knows you gotta use shredded steel wool pads and keep a steady 2345 rpm for 3 minutes.

-Duh-

:D

Sucking in sand?!?

Geez, coulda told you that wouldn´t work! Everybody knows you gotta use shredded steel wool pads and keep a steady 2345 rpm for 3 minutes.

-Duh-

:D
That must be the European way of doing it....because the glass beads work the best!! Only have to keep a steady 2000 rpm for 1.5 minutes.:whistling:

That has to be in the top ten of stupid things done to a car. I truly hope he and his Honda friend are sterile. The thought of them producing more morons is scary to think about. At least it wasn't a Ford engine they tortured to death.

Chuck

That must be the European way of doing it....because the glass beads work the best!! Only have to keep a steady 2000 rpm for 1.5 minutes.:whistling:
My, my, my.... ok, tell me, what will happen with your glass beads? Huh? Right, they´ll end up as shards that will fly out your exhaust like shrapnel and you´ll have to scoop them up or people will get hurt.

The steel wool on the other hand will burn due to exhaust temperature and exit as little more than a smell and little fluffy flakes.

But if you wanna cut your fingers on the glass, fine go ahead, be my guest!

:p

Ok, let´s face it: try as we might, we will never come up with anything more stupid than the original post, will we? :D

Glass beads, sand, steel wool...what's wrong with you people?!? Anyone who has been around cars long enough knows you're supposed to use walnut shells ground up in vanilla so your neighborhood smells like cookies while you port and polish! Glass beads...huh!

My, my, my.... ok, tell me, what will happen with your glass beads? Huh? Right, they´ll end up as shards that will fly out your exhaust like shrapnel and you´ll have to scoop them up or people will get hurt.
You must not have the catch-bag attachment for your exhaust. Makes clean-up a breeze!

You must not have the catch-bag attachment for your exhaust. Makes clean-up a breeze!
I´ve seen horses with those catchbags so they don´t poop on the streets. You could also use them as emergency brake support. :)

I like to use small pieces of 180 wet/dry sandpaper. Once the vehicle is started

and the air cleaner has been removed I put the pieces in the Carb bore.

As it get's sucked down into the manifold it's polishing.

When it gets done with the intake it P&P's the head port before cleaning the

valve.It then enters the cyclinder, helps polish the bore and exits the exhaust

valve/port/ and finally the exhaust itself where it cleans my catalytic converter.

I have a kit if anyone else needs there engine P&P'd.

The beauty of this kit is that once the pieces come flying out of the tail pipe

they can be reused to also P&P your transmission.....:p

Back