Members Not Following Through

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible
Speaking of some members on here who are not following through (offering parts and or parting out vehicles). Please, if you are selling and trying to help out other members more power to you. In my instance there were a few bits and pieces available from 2 members and I contacted them and never heard back. If you're not serious about it then don't even go there! Enough venting!

I am guilty of that I am sure. I cannot walk from the garage to the house and I forget what I went for. So if me please refresh my dying memory cells.

I do have lots of parts and some for sale. Right now I cannot do much due to bad disc in my back will have surgery in coming weeks so can do nothing then.

Let me know if I am one not communicating.

So, on August 6th I had a fall where I broke my right arm (distal radial fracture) and I'm having a hell of a time recovering-though I am slowly getting there. I don't tell this to you because I am implicated in your post, rather as a reminder that we all have stuff that happens and interferes with life. Be thankful if your life is smooth and simple-most are not.

A similar pet peeve: I have folks call me on my land line, leaving a voice message to call them back. They never provide a phone number, or mumble it so bad that I can't determine a number to call. They must get pissed off at me, because I don't return their call...I wonder why?

Hello.....

I'd say that about 93% of the forum deals I am involved in go smoothly, and about 7% end up comical or in disaster.

Once I had some parts I offered up - with the only catch being that the receiver sticks something in a medium flat rate box and send it to me.  I was easy, anything consumable in the garage - pens, pencils, beer, smoked meats, sockets.... I didn't care as long as it went in a box and made it back to me.  So the guy on the other end of the country bought some really nice expensive smoked fish (that needed to be refrigerated), stuck it in a flat rate box and sent it off.  When I got it I just shook my head, but I wasn't specific enough about needing the smoked meat to be nonperishable...

Another time I did a deal where I purchased a cheap part on eBay for a fellow overseas where the seller wouldn’t ship outside the US.  I then shipped it overseas and gave the guy the bill for the part plus shipping....Never ever got paid, and the guy never surfaced again on the forum.  Some metal band member in Europe (never anyone on 71-73).

I have also had a time where the simple answer "No" would have been fine, but the person who offered up the free item just didn’t communicate.  I was in a jam and could have used the parts, responded promptly to the ad, then found out a week or three later that the free item went to someone else when the other person posted a thank you.  Luckily the part I needed was graciously offered up by another member across the country and shipped to me.  All was fine in the end, but it would have been nice if the seller would have just responded "No" at the beginning instead of leaving me in the twilight zone.

I know everyone has a life and a job, but if you put something up for sale I feel like the seller needs to check the forum often or just put a disclaimer up that it may take a week or so to get back to you.

Midlife..........what about the call "ever since I put your wires in my car, the Right Rear Tire leaks air !"

Mark
Thanks Mark, your post helped me remember a couple of  problems I've had with two of our Forum/Vendor members.

First  Midlife....that relay you sold me for about 1/4 of what it's worth a couple of years ago (appreciate the deal) must be defective. Every time I use my windshield washer, the darn water level keeps dropping in the reservoir!

And Don @ OMS....must have got a defective relay from him too!!! Every time I drive through a tunnel the  $*^)@# radio cuts off!!   :whistling:

NOT A T5, No Harm no Foul! We all like to have fun as we sort these beasts out and like Midlife posted sometimes you just need to rant!

Midlife..........what about the call "ever since I put your wires in my car, the Right Rear Tire leaks air !"

Mark
Mark - please go get the leak in that right rear tire fixed!  I think it holds a quart.  lollerz

Ray

Back