Slot car collectors/racers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351
1971 Mustang Sportsroof
1972 Q Code 4-speed conv.
I thought we already had a thread about this but could not find it.  So -

Post up if you have a slot car collection or are maybe just a racer.  I know of many slot car guys already but just wanted a dedicated thread where we can discuss.  I collect/race Aurora T-Jets and some A/FX cars.  I'm always looking to add to my collection if you have any you'd like to get rid of.   ::) Might have some trading stock! 

Ray

The AFX track is a holiday tradition at my house for decades.  Every Christmas as soon as dinner is over (14'x4' plywood table) my buddy Stevemach1ford and i set up the track, then the night time party begins. after the next day we tweek it. and have it ready for new years eve. then leave it up for a couple months. its's more popular with the adults than kids.We made it 4 lanes  with  a transformer for each lane about 10yrs ago. we still use alot of the 70's afx cars. but now mostly use newer gforce and indy AFX cars. it may have something to do with the open bar but it still is a blast.   These are the only pics I had handy, no scenery  or cars.

Keiths71 - very cool. Tough to see the layout with the glare.  Can you post a few more pics?

I good friend of mine has a man cave building with a dedicated slot car room.  I have been racing with him since we both got our first slot car sets back about 1966.  We mainly race t-jets or AF/X. Here are some pics of his track.  Some may be out of order (chronologically).  It is currently being landscaped.  

20170611_133859a.jpg

20170611_133834.jpg

20170611_133746.jpg

20180225_172325.jpeg

Ray

Back