Bought a set Trim Rings 15 x 7

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalis

Reaction score
My Car
I have a Mustang Mach 1. 1973. It got 39000 miles on it since new. I am the second owner. Bought it 2018. Car has been in Sweden since 1973.

Bought a set of trim rings. DOAZ-1210-G. Manufactured 12-22-70. Must be for -71 and newer. Very good condition. Some minor scratches. Would be fine on my Mach 1. Think they are quite rare? Not for selling. For my own use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good 15" are hard to find 14" came on other models and easier to find. So now you need the dog dish hub caps, lol.
Hi, I got them alredy.

I have the dog dishes.

What did you run them over with? They look in pretty good shape to me...

I have the dog dishes.

What did you run them over with?  They look in pretty good shape to me...
Didn`t now the right word. Translated from Swedish. Came over could be better, sorry.

Ahhh..."Ran across" I think is the right term. No worries...

Good find - especially in Sweden!!!!

I can't see pics right now. But as mentioned 15" ones are tough to locate in any condition.

I'm not sure but I think the 14's were available in two different widths??? One was a little wider?

I think dog dishes were the same for 14 and 15" trim rings/wheels. Not completely sure.

Ray

Ray, You are correct 14" trim rings came in two depths. The shallow version is more common or should I say the deeper version is rarer. There was also a 15" version. Here is a comparison of the standard 6" dish (D0DZ-1210-A or D0DA-1210-A) vs. deep 7" dish 14" (D0ZZ-1210-B) and the 15" (D0ZA-1210-G). You can see that the 15" has a wider lip to meet up with the dog dish cap, which were all the same size for 14" or 15" rims.

14" deep dish trim ring

15" trim ring (it has a wider lip to meet the dog dish center cap)

I can't see pics right now.  But as mentioned 15" ones are tough to locate in any condition.  

I'm not sure but I think the 14's were available in two different widths???  One was a little wider?

I think dog dishes were the same for 14 and 15" trim rings/wheels.  Not completely sure.

Ray
They are labeled DOAZ-1210-G. If I google on that I see that they are for 15x7 steel rims. From -71 to -73.

I can't see pics right now.  But as mentioned 15" ones are tough to locate in any condition.  

I'm not sure but I think the 14's were available in two different widths???  One was a little wider?

I think dog dishes were the same for 14 and 15" trim rings/wheels.  Not completely sure.

Ray
They are labeled DOAZ-1210-G. If I google on that I see that they are for 15x7 steel rims. From -71 to -73.
Dalis,

The 15" trim rings are getting hard to find in good condition. From the factory 1973 mustangs only came with 14"x 6" rims/wheels.  What size tires does your Mustang have 14" or 15"?

Ray, isn't it wild that you and I both have been looking replacement 15 x 7 trim rings for our Mustangs and a full set shows up in Sweden. I sure hope Dalis paid less than the $1,300.00 I saw being asked for a set earlier this year! Since Money Pit #2 is far from being any kind of a show car, I will probably surrender and install the OE 15" Magnums I have in my stash.

The 15" trim rings were only utilized from 1970-72 on the Mustang and 70-71 on the Torino. Ford part# DOZZ-1210-C, (ID# DOZA-D or G)

The center cap dog dishes were the same size regardless of rim size. The difference being a brushed finish for trim ring equipped cars and a shiny or chrome finish for non-trim ring equipped vehicles.

Ray
Dalis,

The 15" trim rings are getting hard to find in good condition. From the factory 1973 mustangs only came with 14"x 6" rims/wheels.  What size tires does your Mustang have 14" or 15"?
Hi. I have 14 inch Shelby mags on the car now. Have the original 14 inch wheels as well. Planning to buy 15 inch steel rims and have them on the car.

Dalis,

Hi. I have 14 inch Shelby mags on the car now. Have the original 14 inch wheels as well. Planning to buy 15 inch steel rims and have them on the car.
Nice! I once was going to do the same with my 73 vert, but never got to it. Post pictures when you get the 15" wheel on your car.

What an awesome look created by Ford, by using a simple and inexpensive (at the time) dog dish hub cap and trim ring. I remember back when people would get rid of these asap in order to install the current flavor of mag wheels- Cragars, aluminum slots, Keystone Classics, etc. The factory air cleaner assembly would go into the same dumpster. Now these items are all highly-coveted for a factory original look. Those trim rings were a great find in Sweden. My daily driver (which isn't driven very much due to working from home) is a Saab 9-3, so I know a little about Sweden. I seem to have a knack for purchasing cars where the company ends up going out of business. heh

Ray, isn't it wild that you and I both have been looking replacement 15 x 7 trim rings for our Mustangs and a full set shows up in Sweden. I sure hope Dalis paid less than the $1,300.00 I saw being asked for a set earlier this year! Since Money Pit #2 is far from being any kind of a show car, I will probably surrender and install the OE 15" Magnums I have in my stash.

The 15" trim rings were only utilized from 1970-72 on the Mustang and 70-71 on the Torino. Ford part# DOZZ-1210-C, (ID# DOZA-D or G)

The center cap dog dishes were the same size regardless of rim size. The difference being a brushed finish for trim ring equipped cars and a shiny or chrome finish for non-trim ring equipped vehicles.
I have checked with the seller. The rings and dog dish came from the same car. A Mach 1, 1972. The seller toke them of the car some 30-35 years back. When he found them at his parents house he sold them. Asked about the rims but he didn`t know anything.

Back