Sounds great until

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q code
2007 GT
1969 Cougar Eliminator B302
CSX 7000 Shelby Cobra FIA
2020 Edge ST
2002 F250 V10
you get to the pricing information. https://revologycars.com/2018/08/21/revology-mustangs-shelby-gts-enter-2019-model-year-powertrain-equipment-upgrades/

I read about this company when they were starting up. I wonder who their target market is? Their pricing is in some cases up in supercar territory. You could of course purchase multiple fully restored original versions of these cars with their classic drivetrains intact (rather than the supercharged Coyote 5.0L) at these selling prices. I guess there must be enough customers looking for classic cars with modernized drivetrains and electronics for them to keep their doors open. There is the 1 year bumper to bumper and 2 year powertrain warranty, so perhaps it's worth it. lol Their option pricing is also a bit insane- for example, on their '67 Shelby GT500 (base price $228K) you can get painted LeMans stripes for $4000.

The bargain builder, sort of. https://www.classic-recreations.com/shelby-classic-g-t-500cr-specs/ ;)

The bargain builder, sort of. https://www.classic-recreations.com/shelby-classic-g-t-500cr-specs/ ;)
As if the base price isn't high enough, how about some of the options prices?
Looks like Carroll Shelby's signature on the dash.  That has to be one expensive option these days!

You could get an automatic in Shelby in 1966. In fact most GT-350H models had them. I drove one once and when it shifted from first to second at about 90 mph it spun the tires.

On the pricing. There are two ways to price products or items for sale. I use to got to automotive swap meets very often as a vendor. I was not doing that great. I had another guy that I would see at the meets every time and was asking how he was doing. He said he had great sales. He came and looked at what I had. Lots of NOS parts and rare items. He simply said your prices are too low you are scaring the guy with money off. Said I was priced to sell to average guy. I doubled my prices at his recommendation and made sales go up, lol. They don't want to sell me one of those cars and wouldn't anyway since I learned that Carol Shelby had pretty much nothing to do with design of the cars. Just his name and Ford got tired of his BS and pulled the operation in house after two years of failed sales. Carol Shelby was a car salesman not a designer or engineer. Holman Moody did the mechanical engineering and Ford actually did all the design changes for the body and interior. If you question this come to the grand opening of the MOM Mustang Owner's Museum in April next year and ask Mr. Gale Halderman and the Holman Moody people about the real story. I was told it by Gale and Lee Holman.

Back