My '71 J code vert - better pic?...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7173Vert

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Convertible, 1973 Hardtop
I really suck at getting good photos of my car... I just came across this one that i believe gives a good representation on how the car looks in real life, not with my lousy i-phone pics... I will do a walk around video of the car outside of the garage... and post it when I can. Thanks

I thought the iPhone was supposed to have an excellent camera?

Biggest problem I see with cell phone pics is people don't clean the lens off - ever.

I thought the iPhone was supposed to have an excellent camera?

Biggest problem I see with cell phone pics is people don't clean the lens off - ever.
I-Phones have gotten better with each new version. Still not the same as a good point and shoot camera, that was my point.

Very nice, 71-73 convertibles are great cars.
+1, I'm not a convertible guy, but it's like they were designed first as a convertible, and then had the tops added.
I started with hard tops, gravitated to fastbacks and could not pass up an original vert big block... I have always felt they were the best looking of the first generation verts. No regrets.

Not sure of where you are heading with the rest of your comment...

@7173Vert, got a small request :)

Could you please, if you have moment, make a snapshot of your water pump on the left side (if original pump), I'd like to see what my missing bolt head should look like. Its the bolt that is supposed to cover the pin of the plate inside. And one of the front of the block underneath the head bellow cyl one. There are 2 unused hole with thread and I have no idea what they are supposed to be used for. Yours being nicely restored with originality in mind, you might have something bolted there. May be some bracket to lift the engine?? thx

@7173Vert, got a small request :)

Could you please, if you have moment, make a snapshot of your water pump on the left side (if original pump), I'd like to see what my missing bolt head should look like. Its the bolt that is supposed to cover the pin of the plate inside. And one of the front of the block underneath the head bellow cyl one. There are 2 unused hole with thread and I have no idea what they are supposed  to be used for. Yours being nicely restored with originality in mind, you might have something bolted there. May be some bracket to lift the engine?? thx
Can you send me a PM showing me your current setup so I can fully understand what you want to see. I understand the request for the pic under cyl one, but unsure of what you mean by “the bolt that is supposed to cover.... I’ll try and help with some pics. then. OK? My water pump is the correct DOOE version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back