Walk around video of my '71 J code vert...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Incredible job in a short time! I'm sure it looks better in person.
Thanks. I think it does... Drop by and check it out sometime. What’s a few thousand miles and neighbouring country’s between friends...

I'd love to see a detailed video of the underside.
That would certainly open up a can of worms... I put in a lot of effort, research etc., when looking to complete the undercarriage. The issue of “slop gray” makes this a “gray” area (excuse the pun...). Being an AZ driven car, I was fortunate that the base example of how the car left both the factory and/or the dealership we’re still quite evident. I am referring to the liberal amounts of sound deadener that had been applied... I tried to emulate this on my car. I also paid attention to both the PB overspray on the floorboards, the complete underside of the trunk pan and frame rails areas as well the rear fenderwells. I also addressed the lower rocker blackout and overspray onto the floor boards. You can see this in the video briefly. My slop  gray was more of a black... and that is how I finished it. Not a hint of red primer on this car’s underbody (except for the rear end center section...). It is my opinion that no two car’s underside’s were alike leaving the factory as so much was dependent upon the assembly floor worker’s approach to their job... I have learned the internet is full of experts... and I have witnessed numerous varying opinions on this issue at MCA shows and of course, on the internet. I gave up putting trust in any one individual’s opinion, relying more on these opinion’s to some extent, but more so on my own research and then finishing the car based on what I could muster; knowledge wise. Although I hope to attend some MCA shows in the future to display the car, the key word is “display”... That’s how it will be entered in MCA shows. I’m not interested in the drama... My goal when I started this car was to return it to as close to factory as I could, and then let people see how they might have once looked and sounded back in the day...

Last edited by a moderator:
Very very great job done, it is a beauty ::thumb:: 

Would love too see it in person! But I have some miles more over the ocean... ;)

I unterstand your concerns about presentations, judging and commenting. One the one side it is nice to be well presented on car shows and judged at the end of them. But on the other side some rules ore some views how the cars are judged are very partial considering the "fact" that there had to be not only one way that cars were treated on the production line. That is how it it also with my T5 - it is not very much known about that cars - less than 300 sportsroofs were produced in 1973 model year...  So I don't want to have the car judged on the show because I know there will be some inconsistencies the judges perhaps do not know off and therefore the car will be rated worse than it really is. I am able to take criticism on obvious and reasonable things. But I don't want the car to be spoken bad because of subjective objective things how they ALL are rated the same - I want to put the car as original and concourse with some option-list-add-ons as I can and know of and want to have some proud fun with it. Share it with my family, friends and mustang enthusiasts all over the world - and drive it. That's it and thats the sense of that cars, I think...  

Just my two cents...

Ken,

I missed this video of your car somehow when it was posted. What a masterpiece you have completed. The car is stunning in every aspect for all Mustang enthusiasts around the world to enjoy. Just remember that after all the BS, " It's all about the cars" as it should be......

How about another video of the 73 Vert completed ?

Thanks, Jay

Ken,

I missed this video of your car somehow when it was posted. What a masterpiece you have completed. The car is stunning in every aspect for all Mustang enthusiasts around the world  to enjoy. Just remember that after all the BS, " It's all about the cars" as it should be......

How about another video of the 73 Vert completed ?

Thanks, Jay
Hey, thx. Jay. Appreciate the recognition on this car. I really have to do a better job next year of getting it out to some events. It has yet to be seen in public... The ‘73?I never really thought about that as it sits in the shadows of the J Code Vert, but it is an interesting car in its own right, given that it is documented <50K miles on her. I have put them away for the winter, obviously, but I might be able to do a walk around on the car for fun. See what I can do... Cheers

Really enjoyed viewing the walk-around of your 71 Vert. Excellent job. Love to see it up close and hear that CJ run!

My family lives in Northumberland County, near Cobourg and Port Hope. You anywhere near those towns on the 401?

Am almost finished with a one owner (North Carolina) 1971 Mach 1, 429 SCJ, Grabber Blue with Argent accents, Traction Lok, 4.11, Drag Pack.

Really enjoyed viewing the walk-around of your 71 Vert. Excellent job. Love to see it up close and hear that CJ run!

My family lives in Northumberland County, near Cobourg and Port Hope. You anywhere near those towns on the 401?

Am almost finished with a one owner (North Carolina) 1971 Mach 1, 429 SCJ, Grabber Blue with Argent accents, Traction Lok, 4.11, Drag Pack.
Thanks Ponypastor. Yes, the i-phone video doesn't do the car justice, but better then nothing, I guess. I am West of those areas on the other side of Toronto as you cross the border from Buffalo into the Niagara region (in south west Ontario). About 40 minutes from Niagara Falls. I pass those town's regularly as my daughter is in Ottawa completing her Master's Degree. I have been following your posts on the Drag pack car, nice. Look forward to seeing it completed. 

For fun... here is a quick video of the engine running back when I was stripping the car down for the restoration, just before I removed the engine. Little, did I know at that time, until I tore the engine down, just how bad of shape the engine internals were. But, I give this CJ engine a lot of credit for still running when I first had it shipped to me from the Seattle area in the Summer, 2015 after the abuse it obviously endured long before I got her... Note: I bought the car, sight unseen (in person)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ1pKCpXSdg

Back