headers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

164runner

Reaction score
My Car
73 mach1, medium blue, 351 C-6
what headers are you guys running with the stock clam shell motor mounts. 351c

Be careful on selecting your primary tube size.

I went from 1 5/8" to 2" on Hooker super comps on my 351C 2V ..........and it really reduced my torque #'s.

On primary I would stay with 1 5/8 to 1 7/8" size.

Just my opinion, Thx

reason i am asking, got a set of dougs headers and they hit on both motor mounts. so the hookers fit the clam shell mounts?

Thought I throw this in the mix. I am running Hooker Competition Headers on my 302. I took them to a ceramic/powder coating place, told them I wanted ceramic coating (after seeing a friend's ceramic coated headers on his Cuda) and when I picked them up they looked powder coated, rough surface and not smooth. The guy insisted they were ceramic coated but they were not, I should have just left them there but paid the $250 they were asking!  :mad:

reason i am asking, got a set of dougs headers and they hit on both motor mounts. so the hookers fit the clam shell mounts?
Hi,

I had also bad experience with the Doug Thorly Ceramic headers (same reason), i use now Hedman hedders but in the future i'm going for Hooker comps.

:D

Back