Preparation for the Rear End

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jt.db

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Coupe- oddball mystery hand me down thats full of surprises
The mustang has sat long enough, I finally got around to priming the trunk pan, now my final question is:

Does anybody have the measurements to the two tabs that are on the bottom side of the trunk pan?

my trunk floor was rusted out too badly to get accurate measurements, since the part was already pushed out.

I'd appreciate it if anyone could take the time out of their day to measure it for me from their mustang, whenever they have time

Thought it would be cool to share the picture i found of the car sitting before i had gotten it.

I believe their purpose is just to center the fuel tank. My 73 fastback was so rusted out when I got it, there was no tank there, I was able to salvage those brackets and put them on the new pan but still have not put a tank in yet. Nice pics, looks like you have a better starting point than I had when I got mine. Good luck with your restore.

Tom

current work done:

the primer on the quarter right there is just to protect it from the elements. my work space is outside so i cannot leave the metal bare.

going to take it down to bare metal, and spray rust converter on it as well. the primer i used on the floor and frame rails was a rust converting primer as well. 

feel free to critique me on what i did wrong!

Last edited by a moderator:
Question, What hardware do i buy for the L shaped finisher piece that goes between the bumper and valence, its the 73 model so its the chrome bumper but the L shaped piece is connected somehow.. i forgot. any help is appreciated. it is the one thing i did not document w/ Photos

Here's the page from the 73-79 MPC which shows the fastener part #'s. You can search on the AMK hardware site to get the specifics. You can either buy the hardware from them, or use the specs to get matching hardware elsewhere.

https://www.amkproducts.com/

73REAR BUMPER.pdf

Attachments

• 73REAR BUMPER.pdf
    165.8 KB · Views: 16
Here's the page from the 73-79 MPC which shows the fastener part #'s. You can search on the AMK hardware site to get the specifics. You can either buy the hardware from them, or use the specs to get matching hardware elsewhere.

https://www.amkproducts.com/
thank you !

Glad that post of the brackets came into use for ya. It was something my metal guy left off as well. Good luck on your project looks like you are making progress which is always good to see.

Back